Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OC choices

and likewise not having an answer to a Missouri defense that is sitting on our routes and calling out our plays does not fall on players. You keep saying it is not solely on players, but every example you bring up is blaming players.
No, I talked about us running reverses into zone coverage on occasion after taking a man in motion, can't do that but as I have made it pretty clear I have not had a problem with the play calling for the most part and I don't have a problem with Satterfield in fact I have been pleased with this team, it has exceeded expectations for the year with 2 games to play! In year 2 of Beamer Ball I'm impressed with the culture and the way they handle adversity, look forward to seeing a team with nothing but Beamer players, 4 and 5 year players that will mold the younger players, instill that culture the day they walk on campus, teach them the offense and defense...

I don't but I'm not a fan of know it all and entitled fans either! Most were never good at sports, live through a team that they want to feel apart of until things are not going well and then they talk mad crap like the fan of a rival about the same team... over 300yds and 31pts this half... Go Gamecocks beat Vandy! If you are going to be good you need both to keep everyone in check, doesn't mean I have to be a fan, a few really good friends fall into both categories and I love them as they are very passionate GAMECOCK fans! I'm usually a fan of yours, just not on this...
See we scorched utenn and put away all those excuses. The offense hasn't done anything against a proven... The offense can't adjust... The play calling... but now one game doesn't make a coach, a blind squirrel can find a nut as we sit 7-4 going to clemson some still just want to be right! JimG, who says a guy that a QB that threw for 8TD's and 6int last year saved the OC's job, is Brown related to you?

Last edited:
The biggest problem with threads like this is if he turns this around and beats vandy, Florida and clemson or miraculously wins out many who called for him to be fired will not let it go and will simply be a herpes waiting to flare up in the middle of another 4 game win streak because they know he is not a competent OC and nothing will prove them wrong!

The offense is just terrible and that is being nice. Yes, we had no running backs today Juju and bell are not running backs. But still, just a mess that seems no one knows what to do. Now the defense reminds me of Charlie Strong defense 3rd down Charlie. Big issues that they play off from the players. players need to attack and not react to much open space may be due to the slow LB we have, but still, get the hands up on the line when the QB is throwing. close the gaps. This is coaching here as well. Tell you now Tennessee will score 66 on us. Mizzou I know you agree they play better D than we do here and they gave up 66 and most likely be the case here. Just hope they do not set a record with the most points scored at WB.

Simply put this staff will need a major overhaul. The offense this year and if the D is still not able to stop the run and the passing game then change there next year.
This did not age well...

More likely or old friend Ace. Posting styles are very similar
That hurt, cut deep, no need to go that low. Just pointing out how cancerous things get from frustration 🙃 🙂 it's all good, not patting myself on the back... Even a blinded in garnet optimist has an opinion and I feel like Beamer has earned 4 more years and I hope his coaches, coordinators stay with him to sustain the success both on and off the field.

Regardless of your feelings about Satterfield, by all accounts it looks like we will be in the market for a new OC, so, who does HCSB go after?

Garrett Riley (not sure if this is a step down) would be my first choice...just saw that Willy Korn (remember him?) is OC at Coastal

I think he might promote Freddie Kitchens who is now an analyst. That would keep some continuity and help retain and recruit players.

Well all the folks jonesing for Sat to be gone may get their wish. But maybe after these last 2 games it's more of a mixed blessings. If Kitchens did call plays against UT, then it explains a lot. And give the guy a contract.

Garrett Riley (not sure if this is a step down) would be my first choice...just saw that Willy Korn (remember him?) is OC at Coastal
Garrett Riley will hopefully get a look. Maybe Kendal Briles also. Also hearing Brennan Marion's name as a possible interest (current Texa WR coach).

Well, lot of points being made here (8 pages worth). Some agree, some disagree but we are losing our OC. I was not happy with him all the time but the offense was showing flashes this year. How we pulled 7 from last year still amazes me. From the start of this season who would have bet the farm we would go 8 and have a chance for 9, not me.

This is what bothers me the most some fans, not most but a lot sat at their keyboards and without any inside knowledge continued from season 1 to today to rip Satt to shreds. I have watched him on multiple occasions lock his jaw and reply to reporters about all the hate he gets online. He than would proceed to talk about his wife and children. This last presser before Clemson he talked about his kids getting it at school and his wife at the grocery store. No matter what he had in the pipeline, no matter how many 5* we have coming a human can only take so much. Yeah don't give me is a coach and knows the drill. Between our fans and the Clemson trolls we allowed this man and his family to the ripped apart. Again, let me say I too was not happy with him all the time. There is a lesson here but as usual it will be missed by most folks.

So as we search for a new OC I am sure this list will grow here as well as other online sites and when the pick is made the spewing of vile will begin. No amount of trying to explain how long it takes of build and recruit the right players in the right spot, its just not going to make some fans happy. Without thought to who is available, what are the cost, who wants to live in SC and how fans treat coaches will it start all over again?

So this time around without cooler heads prevailing and offering counter to the above mention vile, can we defend our University, our program, our players and our coaches or will we let a few hotheads burn it?

PS after this weekend even the national media was talking about the fan hate for our OC after two stellar performances which I am guessing did not look good for us.

IMHO

I heard rumors that he was calling the plays vs Tenn. if so, I’m happy with it.
I heard rumors you were calling plays and could be the next OC... 🤔 The cancer won and our successful head coach will be hiring a new coordinator for year 3, everyone can learn a new system, awesome for recruiting but I'm sure you are rejoicing... YEAH. let's start over, the rumor is the grass is greener on that coordinator over there...

I heard rumors you were calling plays and could be the next OC... 🤔 The cancer won and our successful head coach will be hiring a new coordinator for year 3, everyone can learn a new system, awesome for recruiting but I'm sure you are rejoicing... YEAH. let's start over, the rumor is the grass is greener on that coordinator over there...
I figured you would be in mourning. It’s Ok Ace, you’ll find a new OC

I don't think a message board has the impact that some think. Now harassing him or his family in public goes beyond the bounds and I cannot understand how someone could do that. Banter on a message board is just that. I am surprised at how much the staff tends to pay attention to social media. I think Beamer uses the talking heads to motivate himself and the team, but once you are no longer the underdog I am not even sure I would watch any of that if I were him. Bottom line is I think he would be leaving to go with Rhule anyway as they have a long history together. I don't think criticism of the offense was unwarranted during the season as it just did not look like it was working, but it did get us to 9 wins and the proof is in the record. I have always thought you wait until the end of the season to make that call as I don't think firing someone mid-season unless they do something egregious accomplishes anything. I do think Beamer is connected enough and knows enough to get someone good in this spot and keep the momentum up.