Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OC choices

this off season will prove what kind of direction that our program will move under Beamer...the OC/offense is a train wreck and it is spilling over into the D...I think we need someone who can run the spread to mask some of our deficiencies...with this move I assume that Rattler will Transfer again (and probably have a great year for someone)

we throttled UNC in our bowl and now they are top 20 and we are....
Right and we also have failed to exploit the mobile QB thing that worked in the bowl game, too.

Coordinators will make or break a head coach. I hope CSB has the guts to do what is needed with any / all coordinators on this staff. While the D has not played well, I do agree our crappy offense has spilled over to the D and their performance. This is the worst offense I have seen in a long time.

Beamer will not fire Satt until after Clemson UNLESS his new hire accepts which is unlikely as his main targets are currently employed at other schools (sounds like we will have to deal with Satt for another 10 days or so) but anyhow Satt will be gone. Hearing there might be a change on the defense but was told staff may get a “pass” for lack of LB play but not to count it out

Here is one of the angles Briles is hired as OC. He brings his RB coach with him, and Stepp is retained. Rocket Sanders hits the portal to join them. Brent Key is hired as OL coach.

Beamer will not fire Satt until after Clemson UNLESS his new hire accepts which is unlikely as his main targets are currently employed at other schools (sounds like we will have to deal with Satt for another 10 days or so) but anyhow Satt will be gone. Hearing there might be a change on the defense but was told staff may get a “pass” for lack of LB play but not to count it out

Here is one of the angles Briles is hired as OC. He brings his RB coach with him, and Stepp is retained. Rocket Sanders hits the portal to join them. Brent Key is hired as OL coach.
Who are these main targets?
I heard the staff would be evaluated at the end of the year and a decision would be made after the clamson game and maybe after the bowl game...

Art Briles (HOPEFULLY). I know that will not happen. Kendal, we could only hope
Garret Riley, younger brother of Lincoln we got a better shot at getting Casey Woods but Art is out there waiting to be hired if it is about winning, he has baggage but no one knows offense like Art...
I'm sticking with Satterfield for 3 more games minimum GO COCKS!!

We have failed to use our bowl game MVP QB this season.

If the answer as to why that is points back to both Satt AND Shane, then there's yer trouble.

Our defense has had its issues, but it's pretty for them to get gassed and ineffective at some point if the offense can't move the chains and goes three-and-out most of the time.

Don't think that a weak offense affects the defensive guys emotionally, either, if that scenario gets to be the rule rather than the exception.

We have failed to use our bowl game MVP QB this season.

If the answer as to why that is points back to both Satt AND Shane, then there's yer trouble.

Our defense has had its issues, but it's pretty for them to get gassed and ineffective at some point if the offense can't move the chains and goes three-and-out most of the time.

Don't think that a weak offense affects the defensive guys emotionally, either, if that scenario gets to be the rule rather than the exception.
If you don't think a weak defense makes an offense press or try to give that little bit more... heck if you don't think a fanbase hollering for your coordinator to be fired after winning 4 games in a row, beating a team for the 1st time has an affect, or booing them at halftime... We don't want participation trophies but we shouldn't be throwing wood on the fire either! I could see a culture building and then that seed of doubt, that cancer of we won but...

none really just what's owed for this year's work in his contract which runs out in Dec. Him and Atkins did not get a roll over from last year.

Last edited:
Garret Riley, younger brother of Lincoln we got a better shot at getting Casey Woods but Art is out there waiting to be hired if it is about winning, he has baggage but no one knows offense like Art...
I'm sticking with Satterfield for 3 more games minimum GO COCKS!!
Yes Go Cocks indeed

After watching Vandy manhandle Florida Gamecocks New DL coach, need an LB coach and if someone wants White; we don’t fight too hard to keep him. Would like Travian and his DC from Tulane.

Tell me more about how Clayton doesn’t have players. Vandy with less talent is holding Florida to 30 yards.

Last edited:
Listen to the guys on SEC Network this morning, no wonder our offense is so bad. You would need 11 Rhodes Scholars to pick up all the things Spencer has to call out just to run one play. Way too complicated.

Where was this play calling all year? Spence looked like the heisman hopeful he was billed to be. If this was Satt calling plays and he can do it again next week, put me back in his corner.

Weird how when we hit open wr's and they catch them... when we execute the plays called... it was awesome being in Willy B tonight!!! GO COCKS!!

Listen to the guys on SEC Network this morning, no wonder our offense is so bad. You would need 11 Rhodes Scholars to pick up all the things Spencer has to call out just to run one play. Way too complicated.
So you are saying Rattler is a Rhodes Scholar, I'm sure the SEC Network spends all kinds of time at our practices, in our QB room and not them getting paid too look smart 🤔 well stupid yesterday... 🙄 The danger is if we beat oops when we beat tenn and if we beat clemson... Same play calls, kids just made plays! I'm with BEAMER BALL and Satterfield. GO COCKS! Adversity builds character, signature win to build and recruit on... 7-4 with 2 more to play!