Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OC choices

The only real thing I see with Satt so far is that if his gameplan works early he is good to go, but if not they halftime adjustments do not seem to be there. With Clayton White normally I expect him to stop what the opposing offense is doing or at least make them change in the second half as long as the talent level is similar.
We have had more offensive success in the 3rd quarter than any quarter and scored more points in the 2nd half in every game but the last game...

Last edited:
We finally have a coach making progress and people want to fire coaches(?) Makes no sense to me. How many OCs did Muschamp go through? This program needs consistency. Let Shane be the head coach and let's see how the season plays out. We're way ahead of where the pundits had us.
Go Gamecocks!

We finally have a coach making progress and people want to fire coaches(?) Makes no sense to me. How many OCs did Muschamp go through? This program needs consistency. Let Shane be the head coach and let's see how the season plays out. We're way ahead of where the pundits had us.
Go Gamecocks!
Even if that consistency includes poor offensive output? If your happy with 6-7 win seasons, great.

How many 5 star wr’s and going to a school that runs screens all night mixed in with a 185 lb rb running up the middle?

This "fire the coach, OC or DC" talk has been going on forever.. Now with social media and big contracts for coaches it's getting worse. We used to hardly ever see mid-season firings but now they're fairly common. This staff has only coached twenty two games. I think we should keep things as they are. I'm not thrilled with our offense, but I need to see more before I would support firing our OC. Besides changing coaches, OCs or DCs can be very disruptive to a new program's recruiting. Remember we lost Gunner Stockton when Bobo left. I know for many of you I might as well be taking to a tree. Nothing is going to change your minds. That's just my opinion and I didn't stay at Holiday Inn Express last night.

We have had more offensive success in the 3rd quarter than any quarter and scored more points in the 2nd half in every game but the last game...
Not in sec games. Those numbers are skewed. I am not saying he needs to be fired I am saying when he starts poorly his game plan does not seem to adjust. Just my opinion. Arkansas was mostly after the game was out of reach. Kentucky is the only other game where they scored more in the second. I say let the season play out and see where we are. They need to keep Dak involved.

See, we put up the 2nd most yards in the Beamer era, won to be 6-3 and you still are not happy... He could win out, putting up 500yds a game and you know you are right and will be negative to Satt from now until he is let go...SAD!!! You are the mutiny trying to eat the program from the inside out, looking for anything you can to plant a seed of doubt and in the back of your consciousness hoping we fail so you can be right!
6-3 with a very good likelihood of finishing 6-6. Chest beating after beating a bad Vanderbilt team is probably not the best choice.

If we had a real offense we could have realistically won 7 or 8 games so far this season.

6-3 with a very good likelihood of finishing 6-6. Chest beating after beating a bad Vanderbilt team is probably not the best choice.

If we had a real offense we could have realistically won 7 or 8 games so far this season.
Gamecocks should have never lost that game against Mizzou. Most likely will result in a 6-6 season now. You got to win those games and yes the pro spread is really not the issue just need a coach that knows how to run it or any other type of offense. Yes it is hurting recruiting WR they even come out and said it. When you find the right OC or DC you stick with them. Satt was the back up plan when booboo hung us out to dry.

No body was beating their chest but I'm not walking around with my bottom lip dragging the ground telling everyone we probably finish 6-6 either, better we beat Vandy than lose and if not for the offense we lose to a bad Vandy team 🙄 and struggle to make a bowl game, is that good for recruiting?
If our OLINE coach stays healthy realistically we win 7 to 8 games...
I like our chances against both Florida and Clemson with Adkins back, GO GAMECOCKS beat Florida!
I trust Beamer to coach the team and manage his staff until I don't!!! I choose to not be a distraction to a team with 3 games left, to show support, to stand behind both the players and the coaches of the 2022 Gamecock football team until the season is over! Go Cocks!

Last edited:
The only real thing I see with Satt so far is that if his gameplan works early he is good to go, but if not they halftime adjustments do not seem to be there. With Clayton White normally I expect him to stop what the opposing offense is doing or at least make them change in the second half as long as the talent level is similar.
I agree. Defense almost always makes haltime adjustments that sow down the other team. With our offense, I don't see the adjustments.

Even if that consistency includes poor offensive output? If your happy with 6-7 win seasons, great.

How many 5 star wr’s and going to a school that runs screens all night mixed in with a 185 lb rb running up the middle?
It's their second year! And, this is South Carolina. Most people didn't think we'd win 6 games this year. Give me a break!

It's their second year! And, this is South Carolina. Most people didn't think we'd win 6 games this year. Give me a break!
I mean, if your happy being middle of the road, cool I guess.

We should have at least 7 wins by now but we don’t, and 6-6 looks real possible at this point.

I mean, if your happy being middle of the road, cool I guess.

We should have at least 7 wins by now but we don’t, and 6-6 looks real possible at this point.
Do you trust Coach Beamer? Do you believe he is the man for the job? We are
5-1 over our last 6 games and in 2 posts you have us losing our next 3, you seem pretty adamant about this and started a fire our OC thread in that 5-1 run, I mean if this makes you happy...

Last edited:
Do you trust Coach Beamer? Do you believe he is the man for the job? We are
5-1 over our last 6 games and in 2 posts you have us losing our next 3, you seem pretty adamant about this and started a fire our OC thread in that 5-1 run, I mean if this makes you happy...
We must be watching different teams play.

Maybe the play caller or the players. Most likely both and we’ve regressed a long way from those Spurrier years. Might never get back to that but we should be better than this. So bad in this game it’s hard to tell anymore.

Maybe the play caller or the players. Most likely both and we’ve regressed a long way from those Spurrier years. Might never get back to that but we should be better than this. So bad in this game it’s hard to tell anymore.
Florida was what 110th defensively, they looked like a top 10 defense against our inept offense.

Florida was what 110th defensively, they looked like a top 10 defense against our inept offense.
Agreed, people can try and spin this all they want. We are terrible on offense and defense. Period. Our D line couldn't stop my 88 y/o mother from gaining 3 yards up the middle.

When our D line does manage to meet the runner at the line of scrimmage they generally still get pushed back 3-5 yards.

Agreed, people can try and spin this all they want. We are terrible on offense and defense. Period. Our D line couldn't stop my 88 y/o mother from gaining 3 yards up the middle.

When our D line does manage to meet the runner at the line of scrimmage they generally still get pushed back 3-5 yards.
How much of that is on coaches and how much of that is the sheer #of snaps the have to play because or offense is based on 3 plays and a punt?