Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OC choices

?...?...?...?...?...?

So it's your position that 50.1% of mutinies resulted in cannibalism by their respective crews?

[Note: had to use periods to separate "?", otherwise, the board inserts basketball emojis for consecutive question marks]
That is what you got out of that post šŸ™„šŸ¤ŖšŸ˜œ it wasn't meant literally, they eat each other trying to decide who is Captain and usually have no clue how to get where they are going... Another quick score from the offense. Go Gamecocks beat Vandy!

Good thread. Anyhow until there is a let him go I will hold off till then. Plus seems 99.9% never get the guy you want and adding any homerun hire here would require the OC to make more than Beamer. Quick to say that ain't happening. So will be somebody he knows most likely than not. Now have to say GMB2USC23 has big balls to stand up to his man and feel like he is basically the only one here on the board here.

Kudos to you though I disagree with you, the offense is broken and he has proven to me that he cannot react to what's happing on the field. The players have said it themselves and I have seen it myself. You cannot fix the issues with better players. Much deeper and add in you basically do not have a healthy OL coach. Better to address this at the season's end and try to get someone competent in here.
Having Greg Adkins back and his 29 years of experience help, not having him has put extra pressure on Satterfield but hey let's eat our own guy mid season... we are 5-3 with plenty of football to play in year 2 of Beamer and some how we are talking about firing a coordinator, advertising it on GameDay... now he is not competent. A classic example of Rattler panicking in a clean pocket on 2nd down at there 5 just before the slants create space and then under throwing Legette on 3rd down on a flea flicker on the next possession, fumble GAMECOCKS BALL! Freshman DQ Smith forced it.

A
Told you that cancer seed would grow, this garage fire is great for recruiting and our future success, you just don't do this in the middle of a season for a head coach with the momentum šŸ¤” Beamer was carrying, this started during a 4 game win streak šŸ˜³ BRILLIANT šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ™„šŸ˜‰šŸ‘Œ The offense scores quickly versus vandy... Go Gamecocks beat Vandy, vandy scores on a big play so I'm sure we will be after Whites job now...
Are we still on the cannibal pirate ship in a battle to the death with Vandy?

Whenā€™s the mutiny?

A

Whenā€™s the mutiny?
You tell me, the offense is killing it with our OC, funny that you think pirate since it ican be a military term more often than not done by soldiers or sailors in battle...

I want someone that can listen to message boards on the internet, that will do what the fans want when they want... šŸ™„ I'm sticking with Satterfield, some of you were so smart you begged clemson to keep Dabo, laughed at clemson for keeping thier staff intact and not firing them during the Spurrier years but yall keep on blowing things up when things are not going well in the middle of sports seasons and let me know how it works out as it seems to be doing us wonders over the last 50 years... if we had kept Spurrier or Fogler or Odom or Martin or Muschamp or Elliott or Skip but we traded them for greener grass... Let Beamer handle the football team, he knows more about handling a football team then all of you combined! šŸ˜‰ Be a fan, pat a Gamecock on the back and let them know you got them, we are behind you and with you will go better than good luck your coach sucks, fire him. BRILLIANT!
I have to agree. We changed OCa so much the last few years, our offense could never gel. It wasn't the answer before. Let Shane do his job.

A

Whenā€™s the mutiny?

Let Beamer handle the football team, he knows more about handling a football team then all of you combined! šŸ˜‰ Be a fan, pat a Gamecock on the back and let them know you got them, we are behind you and with you will go better than good luck your coach sucks, fire him. BRILLIANT!

Let Beamer handle the football team, he knows more about handling a football team then all of you combined! šŸ˜‰ Be a fan, pat a Gamecock on the back and let them know you got them, we are behind you and with you will go better than good luck your coach sucks, fire him. BRILLIANT!
I dunno, maybe you like your dues being wasted on a garbage coach, I donā€™t.

Back to the ā€˜pearl!

The biggest problem with threads like this is if he turns this around and beats vandy, Florida and clemson or miraculously wins out many who called for him to be fired will not let it go and will simply be a herpes waiting to flare up in the middle of another 4 game win streak because they know he is not a competent OC and nothing will prove them wrong!

When rattler is on the move heā€™s a gamer, why donā€™t we call more plays that put him in position to make plays?

I dunno, maybe you like your dues being wasted on a garbage coach, I donā€™t.

Back to the ā€˜pearl!
I don't but I'm not a fan of know it all and entitled fans either! Most were never good at sports, live through a team that they want to feel apart of until things are not going well and then they talk mad crap like the fan of a rival about the same team... over 300yds and 31pts this half... Go Gamecocks beat Vandy! If you are going to be good you need both to keep everyone in check, doesn't mean I have to be a fan, a few really good friends fall into both categories and I love them as they are very passionate GAMECOCK fans! I'm usually a fan of yours, just not on this...

D
I don't but I'm not a fan of know it all and entitled fans either! Most were never good at sports, live through a team that they want to feel apart of until things are not going well and then they talk mad crap like the fan of a rival about the same team... over 300yds and 31pts this half... Go Gamecocks beat Vandy! If you are going to be good you need both to keep everyone in check, doesn't mean I have to be a fan, a few really good friends fall into both categories and I love them as they are very passionate GAMECOCK fans! I'm usually a fan of yours, just not on this...
Dude, we just got in a fight with Vanderbilt, this is not elite.

D

Dude, we just got in a fight with Vanderbilt, this is not elite.
See this post is just trash, Florida had a bench clearing brawl with vandy, bama fought them pregame... what are you trying to say, this is you talking trash about the GAMECOCKS...

Last edited:
7 points in the second half, how many screens did satt call?

Heā€™s in over his head.
See, we put up the 2nd most yards in the Beamer era, won to be 6-3 and you still are not happy... He could win out, putting up 500yds a game and you know you are right and will be negative to Satt from now until he is let go...SAD!!! You are the mutiny trying to eat the program from the inside out, looking for anything you can to plant a seed of doubt and in the back of your consciousness hoping we fail so you can be right!

I think this can be discussed with level heads and has been for the most part. Thereā€™s extremes to both sides of this and we all appear to be on the same page, basically, all wanting the best for the program. Message boards are here for this reason. Whatā€™s the fun when we all just say ā€œthe coaches know more and will work it outā€? History says otherwise and that wasnā€™t because someone started questioning things on a message board. The offense has been largely stagnant and weā€™ve won enough games to be bowl eligible. The defense also has lapses but seems to make in game and weekly adjustments and keeps out best players involved on the field. Record wise weā€™re about where we should be but in retrospect Missouri and Arkansas arenā€™t very good either. With a better offensive game, even if slightly so, both were winnable games. 8 > 6. Orlando > Birmingham. Satt just called a good game, not great. How much was due to the opponent and having his back to the wall? Why are players having to go to the coaches and demand more PT, touches? Thatā€™s fairly common with most players but some of our best have been asking for it. Somethingā€™s up with that. See what Vann can do. Joyner. Bellā€¦ and so on. Lloyd prior to that. If you think random comments on a message board are mutiny, what about the starting QB questioning prep and knowing what to do? Skill players voicing their displeasure openly as well and getting targets as a result.

I think this can be discussed with level heads and has been for the most part. Thereā€™s extremes to both sides of this and we all appear to be on the same page, basically, all wanting the best for the program. Message boards are here for this reason. Whatā€™s the fun when we all just say ā€œthe coaches know more and will work it outā€? History says otherwise and that wasnā€™t because someone started questioning things on a message board. The offense has been largely stagnant and weā€™ve won enough games to be bowl eligible. The defense also has lapses but seems to make in game and weekly adjustments and keeps out best players involved on the field. Record wise weā€™re about where we should be but in retrospect Missouri and Arkansas arenā€™t very good either. With a better offensive game, even if slightly so, both were winnable games. 8 > 6. Orlando > Birmingham. Satt just called a good game, not great. How much was due to the opponent and having his back to the wall? Why are players having to go to the coaches and demand more PT, touches? Thatā€™s fairly common with most players but some of our best have been asking for it. Somethingā€™s up with that. See what Vann can do. Joyner. Bellā€¦ and so on. Lloyd prior to that. If you think random comments on a message board are mutiny, what about the starting QB questioning prep and knowing what to do? Skill players voicing their displeasure openly as well and getting targets as a result.
Questioning and calling for someone to be fired are not the same thing!!!! Being an armchair QB and believing you know more than the guys that sit in the meetings, stand on the sidelines, watch the film... is not the same thing!!! I can yell, "for real, a draw", "come on, where is..." this player, šŸ¤” yell, "run the ball" while still clapping, hollering and encouraging the young men on the field. However we turn a corner when we start calling for coordinators/coaches to be fired in the middle of a win streak and season with tons to play for, we become a distraction for both the players and coaches for whom we cheer in my opinion. It becomes a seed that other teams water, haters jump on and leads to things like this, I've seen it for 30 years. I'm not a fan of calling for a coach to be fired until the off-season unless he loses his players...
We had been without our OLINE coach since Sep 30, without being in the meetings we have no idea how much input Adkins had over the last year but I would imagine his 29 years experience are invaluable and it showed having him back on Saturday...
This also calls into your trust of a young new head coach who has done nothing for you not to trust, NOTHING!!!

Last edited:
We are a bottom-tier team still trying to be a consistent middle-tier one.

I think if we beat the Gators, we should give Satt a one-year extension to synch him up with the rest of the staff and let him focus on trying to beat the Vols and Taters, then winning the bowl game.

This is the second season in a row we have lost Greg Adkins due to health issues. Whether or not Nate was here and playing so good for us now, you would have to figure out what to do about next year if he still has lingering issues.

Do you be proactive and give him a paid leave of absence next year and bring in an interim or what?

When rattler is on the move heā€™s a gamer, why donā€™t we call more plays that put him in position to make plays?
Been saying this all year. Designed roll-outs and I think he shines. Hard to understand why they cannot or refuse to see this. Dak is the same way. He is best when he has some room to roll and the threat of him running creates space for our receivers

The only real thing I see with Satt so far is that if his gameplan works early he is good to go, but if not they halftime adjustments do not seem to be there. With Clayton White normally I expect him to stop what the opposing offense is doing or at least make them change in the second half as long as the talent level is similar.