Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OC choices

I'm not a tater fan but I seem to remember Kevin Steele being fired as well as Napier. There may have been others as well.
Napier was an interim coach left over from the previous administration and I forgot about Steele but I'm pretty sure that was calculated because Venables was all of a sudden available... Clemsux and dabo never admitted he was fired and not only paid him the remaining 2 years on his contract but gave him some extra, a longevity bonus of 1.35mil...
We have an OC that makes a guy like Rattler look like a bust? No way Rattler is as bad as he's played this season.

I will be surprised if Rattler: 1. Doesn't transfer 2. Doesn't have a noticeably better season wherever he goes.
You think Satt is the reason Rattler is missing wide open receivers.... You think Satt is the reason Rattler runs like he was carrying a loaf of bread 🍞...
Rattler has got to make the pass when it is open and he is not under pressure, when he does that we look good on offense because it opens up the field... For stretches we have shown the potential, when we hit the the open three step deep ball or intermediate cross it opens up the offense...

Napier was an interim coach left over from the previous administration and I forgot about Steele but I'm pretty sure that was calculated because Venables was all of a sudden available... Clemsux and dabo never admitted he was fired and not only paid him the remaining 2 years on his contract but gave him some extra, a longevity bonus of 1.35mil...

You think Satt is the reason Rattler is missing wide open receivers.... You think Satt is the reason Rattler runs like he was carrying a loaf of bread 🍞...
Rattler has got to make the pass when it is open and he is not under pressure, when he does that we look good on offense because it opens up the field... For stretches we have shown the potential, when we hit the the open three step deep ball or intermediate cross it opens up the offense...

Spin it all you want but the problem goes beyond Rattler.

Attachments

• SCoffense.png
    SCoffense.png
    444.8 KB · Views: 3
Satt cannot adapt well in game and game to game for the talent he has. We’re far from loaded but have enough to generate a far better offense. It’s the system he runs that prevents that. The bowl game is one of the few outliers. Head Coaches are paid to make the tough choices to better the program and I trust Beamer to do so at season’s end. Dabo was brought up and he did similarly early in his career for OC and DC. It’s part of the game. Players obviously need to step up and make plays when they are there so it’s not all on the OC. Fans can certainly discuss and conjecture what might happen based on the eye test. The offense often looks inept and ill prepared. Play selection and personnel are many times easily predictable and defended. I’ve said it before in the chat logs, how we manage to recruit or land an offensive players in the portal, based on the product on the field, is an absolute surprise. I’m sure we could do much better in that area with an attack that at least looks fun to play in.

Not spinning, giving opinion and I don't think Rattler is a problem anymore than I think play calling... It was a bad game, next game!
I'm having trouble copying that tweet so I'll post it verbatim here:

"Not including 1 play drives or kneel downs, 36 of SC's 55 possessions in SEC play this season have resulted in 1 first down or none.

Last season, 57 of 93 possessions against SEC teams went for 1 first down or none.

So, over 13 games against SEC competition since the start of the 2021 season, SC's drives stall with a 3 and out or only 1 first down 63% of the time. (93/148)"

End quote.

"Not including 1 play drives or kneel downs, 36 of SC's 55 possessions in SEC play this season have resulted in 1 first down or none.

Last season, 57 of 93 possessions against SEC teams went for 1 first down or none.

So, over 13 games against SEC competition since the start of the 2021 season, SC's drives stall with a 3 and out or only 1 first down 63% of the time. (93/148)"

End quote.
So we run a variant of the hurry up offense? Hurry up and punt.

Satt cannot adapt well in game and game to game for the talent he has. We’re far from loaded but have enough to generate a far better offense. It’s the system he runs that prevents that. The bowl game is one of the few outliers. Head Coaches are paid to make the tough choices to better the program and I trust Beamer to do so at season’s end. Dabo was brought up and he did similarly early in his career for OC and DC. It’s part of the game. Players obviously need to step up and make plays when they are there so it’s not all on the OC. Fans can certainly discuss and conjecture what might happen based on the eye test. The offense often looks inept and ill prepared. Play selection and personnel are many times easily predictable and defended. I’ve said it before in the chat logs, how we manage to recruit or land an offensive players in the portal, based on the product on the field, is an absolute surprise. I’m sure we could do much better in that area with an attack that at least looks fun to play in.
So it's to complicated for players to get, so simple people know what we are doing before we do it and not fun to play in but we are 5-3 with 4 games to play... Vandy is next!

End quote.
We have played the worst SEC schedule and defenses as well I'm sure... Go GAMECOCKS BEAT VANDY!

So it's to complicated for players to get, so simple people know what we are doing before we do it and not fun to play in but we are 5-3 with 4 games to play... Vandy is next!
No, I don’t think most simple people know before we do it but defenses do, and know how to defend. DCs easily plan for our weaknesses and defend us. We don’t adapt. I’m glad we won those 5 games but we’re not a good offensive team. Not expecting great, just improvements to good/respectable. We’re not getting better. Can’t be just satisfied with mediocre, sorry.

No, I don’t think most simple people know before we do it but defenses do, and know how to defend. DCs easily plan for our weaknesses and defend us. We don’t adapt. I’m glad we won those 5 games but we’re not a good offensive team. Not expecting great, just improvements to good/respectable. We’re not getting better. Can’t be just satisfied with mediocre, sorry.
I promise you no one is satisfied with mediocre but pointing fingers and jumping ship never solved a thing in the open sea, very seldom does mutiny not become bloody! However if you sail to Port and get a new captain the chances of your boat sinking reduce drastically and sometimes that boat crew figures it out, I'd bet more often than the mutiny crew who more often than not turn to cannibalism...Go Gamecocks beat Vandy!

Last edited:
I promise you no one is satisfied with mediocre but pointing fingers and jumping ship never solved a thing in the open sea, very seldom does mutiny not become bloody! However if you sail to Port and get a new captain the chances of your boat sinking reduce drastically and sometimes that boat crew figures it out, I'd bet more often than the mutiny crew who more often than not turn to cannibalism...Go Gamecocks beat Vandy!

?...?...?...?...?...?

So it's your position that 50.1% of mutinies resulted in cannibalism by their respective crews?

[Note: had to use periods to separate "?", otherwise, the board inserts basketball emojis for consecutive question marks]

Last edited:
Good thread. Anyhow until there is a let him go I will hold off till then. Plus seems 99.9% never get the guy you want and adding any homerun hire here would require the OC to make more than Beamer. Quick to say that ain't happening. So will be somebody he knows most likely than not. Now have to say GMB2USC23 has big balls to stand up to his man and feel like he is basically the only one here on the board here.

Kudos to you though I disagree with you, the offense is broken and he has proven to me that he cannot react to what's happing on the field. The players have said it themselves and I have seen it myself. You cannot fix the issues with better players. Much deeper and add in you basically do not have a healthy OL coach. Better to address this at the season's end and try to get someone competent in here.

The Fire Marcus Satterfield sign on GameDay today. Kinda sad to see this not a good look. Just let it go, think enough has been said and any good HC can see without this kinda immature crap from fans. Just stabbing yourself over and over.

Last edited:
Also, White's defense has also had its bad moments like that ugly first have vs Mizzou among other games. So just saying Defense needs to sow up his defense giving big runs up just lapses where they flat do not play well.

Georgia kicking Tennessee as of now. Question what kind of offense does Georgia run? He runs a Pro-style spread... Pro background Todd Monken's Cleveland Browns (Offensive coordinator, 2019–2020... Seems they have no issues understanding the pro spread. Are Georgia players smarter or more talented or both? UGA's offense is the same thing we claim we run/try to run except they do a much better job of teaching, developing, communicating, rhythm & timing... basically, everything else that goes into running an offense outside of drawing up the plays

Last edited:
Georgia kicking Tennessee as of now. Question what kind of offense does Georgia run? He runs a Pro-style spread... Pro background Todd Monken's Cleveland Browns (Offensive coordinator, 2019–2020... Seems they have no issues understanding the pro spread. Are Georgia players smarter or more talented or both? UGA's offense is the same thing we claim we run/try to run except they do a much better job of teaching, developing, communicating, rhythm & timing... basically, everything else that goes into running an offense outside of drawing up the plays
I would say UGa is more talented than us and also have a much better OLine, which I think would help some of Rattler's issues.

The Fire Marcus Satterfield sign on GameDay today. Kinda sad to see this not a good look. Just let it go, think enough has been said and any good HC can see without this kinda immature crap from fans. Just stabbing yourself over and over.
Told you that cancer seed would grow, this garage fire is great for recruiting and our future success, you just don't do this in the middle of a season for a head coach with the momentum 🤔 Beamer was carrying, this started during a 4 game win streak 😳 BRILLIANT 👏👍🙄😉👌 The offense scores quickly versus vandy... Go Gamecocks beat Vandy, vandy scores on a big play so I'm sure we will be after Whites job now...