Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OC choices

Hay man never said bad thing about Rattler have supported from the beginning my friend dig in to my post you will not find one wanting to set him on the bench.

Hay man never said bad thing about Rattler have supported from the beginning my friend dig in to my post you will not find one wanting to set him on the bench.
LOL Rattler has 1 less incompletion than TD and it was the play calling... Dig into mine and you will see it said many times, the players were in position to make plays, we either didn't make a good pass, didn't catch the pass... Rattler has not played up too his capabilities, he has missed the HR ball a good bit but timing us just that and it takes time, patients! Knee-jerk reactions and panic rarely produce good results, blowing things up and starting over should not be a go to answer for anything, it has become our complacency, our cancer... Look at the basketball team and I think Coach Paris will be successful if you give him time...

I am so dam happy about this win and performances that I can eat 10 plates of cold crow. Plus I was their to enjoy it

A little orange and a lot of Garnet and Black and never hear Rocky top sound system did a great job not hearing it at all, you just heard was Sandstorm.

I wish I had your optimism, we’re big underdogs (20 points or more) this week and I expect to be underdogs, again by multiple TD’s next week.

The Satterfield experiment didn’t work, it’s ok, accept it and move forward.
Eat your crow, it's ok... see why threads like this one SUCK!!!! GO COCKS and I'm just giving you a little shit, I know you just want what is best for the GAMECOCKS!!

Last edited:
One game does not make a coach or get a coach fired. While they may have run the same plays I have not seen the kind of separation with receivers that I saw Saturday night and we definitely have not used Joyner in the way we did Saturday either. Our blocking scheme gave Rattler time that he has not had many times this year. I don't think you can say all of the poor performances were because players did not execute. Just as fans should not overreact to a bad game they should also put things into context after a stellar game. We've struggled all year on offense and failed to make adjustments when what we were trying to do was just not working. I lay it on coaches and players both. Next week will be telling for me. Can we succeed if what we want to do is not working? I do think Doty has had an entire year to sit back and learn this system and that could bode well for keeping Satt. I'll trust Beamer to make the call on what happens at the end of the season either way. I hope they go into Clemson and if they don't win they make Clemson really earn it.

Last edited:
Eat your crow, it's ok... see why threads like this one SUCK!!!!
One game does not make or break a coach, if anything it should cause you to question why the vast difference between say the Florida and mizzou games and this last game and the bowl game. If you know what works, why does he, if he called plays in both games have such different results?

One game does not make or break a coach, if anything it should cause you to question why the vast difference between say the Florida and mizzou games and this last game and the bowl game. If you know what works, why does he, if he called plays in both games have such different results?
Bullshit!! One game can make or break a coach, look what this one game did... I'll say it again real slow and loud for everyone, EXECUTION!! Having the OLINE coach back and 3 straight possessions instead of another Carolina 1st down it was Wells Jr fumble, Bell fumble, and Brooks fumble. We had a false start all but kill a drive... Is that on the play caller?
It is the same reason beat Vandy and they beat Florida...
The same reason you play the game, because it is humans out there, playing and blowing the whistle...

I don't understand why we haven't used Joyner more after he got healthy this season. Not sure where the dividing line between Shane and Satt is on that one, either.

I remember back in the day playing on church league basketball team. One week our coach couldn't make it, so we had to figure out on our own who played in the game that week.

Basically, one person would score only to be subbed out to give someone else a chance at playing so they could try to score too. We didn't win the game. LOL

That kinda seems what's been going on this season with Satt. Great because it can keep players engaged and build some depth and gameplan options if it works, but that gets canceled-out if you lose.

This is the second year in a row where we don't get things figured-out until the last game or so.

We handled the legit #5 team in the country Saturday and the guys seem hungry to do it again. I guess we see what happens with Clemson and go from there.

Bullshit!! One game can make or break a coach, look what this one game did... I'll say it again real slow and loud for everyone, EXECUTION!! Having the OLINE coach back and 3 straight possessions instead of another Carolina 1st down it was Wells Jr fumble, Bell fumble, and Brooks fumble. We had a false start all but kill a drive... Is that on the play caller?
It is the same reason beat Vandy and they beat Florida...
The same reason you play the game, because it is humans out there, playing and blowing the whistle...
Glad you are optimistic, 2 well called games out of 20+ don’t give me much confidence. See how they do against Clemson before leaping to conclusions. Of course if they lay another egg blame the players, not the OC with zero previous experience.

I honestly don't know anymore. What I've seen for the most part over the last couple seasons tells me one thing. Was Sat night a fluke where everyone executed every single play practically? Or did something else change. Watched most of the game again and even on all the plays we made, there were other WRs running completely wide open. The OL looked very well for the most part in pass pro. Not sure what to think but I do ask that we see some semblance of this again over the next couple games. Not expecting a 100% repeat, but something where we look like an offense again.

One game does not make a coach or get a coach fired. While they may have run the same plays I have not seen the kind of separation with receivers that I saw Saturday night and we definitely have not used Joyner in the way we did Saturday either. Our blocking scheme gave Rattler time that he has not had many times this year. I don't think you can say all of the poor performances were because players did not execute. Just as fans should not overreact to a bad game they should also put things into context after a stellar game. We've struggled all year on offense and failed to make adjustments when what we were trying to do was just not working. I lay it on coaches and players both. Next week will be telling for me. Can we succeed if what we want to do is not working? I do think Doty has had an entire year to sit back and learn this system and that could bode well for keeping Satt. I'll trust Beamer to make the call on what happens at the end of the season either way. I hope they go into Clemson and if they don't win they make Clemson really earn it.
Our offense has only struggled when playing from behind and if losing all your RB's is not adjusting, if losing your OLINE coach is not adjusting... Early in the year they adjusted from one half to another because we were not able to run the ball consistently, maybe you are watching a different 7-4 team than me...
Glad you are optimistic, 2 well called games out of 20+ don’t give me much confidence. See how they do against Clemson before leaping to conclusions. Of course if they lay another egg blame the players, not the OC with zero previous experience.
Comes into a dumpster fire and in 2 years his record is wwwwwaaaàaaaaaayyyyyyy beyond expectations, why not let Beamer take care if it instead of making DRAMA!!!! Do you not think Coach Beamer has earned the right to decide his fate without the cancerous chirps of our greatest fans telling him what a shifty OC he has had in turning around this dumpster fire HE inherited?? 🔥 Let Beamer decide if it is play calling or execution as he knows wwwwwaaaaaayyyyyy more than you, me or anyone on here...

One performance does not a career make. " A blind squirrel will eventually find a nut" Ask after next week.

If you are going to give Satt credit for the Tenn game, then you must also give him the blame for the Florida and Missouri games.
USE JOYNER MORE

Our offense has only struggled when playing from behind and if losing all your RB's is not adjusting, if losing your OLINE coach is not adjusting... Early in the year they adjusted from one half to another because we were not able to run the ball consistently, maybe you are watching a different 7-4 team than me...

Comes into a dumpster fire and in 2 years his record is wwwwwaaaàaaaaaayyyyyyy beyond expectations, why not let Beamer take care if it instead of making DRAMA!!!! Do you not think Coach Beamer has earned the right to decide his fate without the cancerous chirps of our greatest fans telling him what a shifty OC he has had in turning around this dumpster fire HE inherited?? 🔥 Let Beamer decide if it is play calling or execution as he knows wwwwwaaaaaayyyyyy more than you, me or anyone on here...
You do understand how sports forums work right? People voice their ideas and opinions. If we all just shut up and trusted the coaches, what’s the point of having a discussion forum?

My opinion is that 2 well called games in two (almost) full seasons doesn’t give me much confidence in Satterfield as a play caller. An opinion many appear to share.

They got behind because what they were doing was not working. They are fine if what they want to do from the start of the game works, I did not see any half time adjustments from the offense that made me think great job this season. Florida in Missouri in particular were abysmal performances and Satt was outcoached in both especially Missouri. I am pleasantly surprised that they are 7-4 that is 1-2 more wins than I thought they would get. Again I will trust Beamer to make that call at the end of the season and will be good with whatever he decides. Does not mean that I do not support the team, I just think at times we could have executed better and that does not fall solely on the players to make plays.

You do understand how sports forums work right? People voice their ideas and opinions. If we all just shut up and trusted the coaches, what’s the point of having a discussion forum?

My opinion is that 2 well called games in two (almost) full seasons doesn’t give me much confidence in Satterfield as a play caller. An opinion many appear to share.
Roger that, voicing displeasure and starting a who should we replace them with thread... 2 years means he has no Seniors or Juniors...

They got behind because what they were doing was not working. They are fine if what they want to do from the start of the game works, I did not see any half time adjustments from the offense that made me think great job this season. Florida in Missouri in particular were abysmal performances and Satt was outcoached in both especially Missouri. I am pleasantly surprised that they are 7-4 that is 1-2 more wins than I thought they would get. Again I will trust Beamer to make that call at the end of the season and will be good with whatever he decides. Does not mean that I do not support the team, I just think at times we could have executed better and that does not fall solely on the players to make plays.
We for sure could have executed better and that does not fall solely on players but not hitting the wide open WR and fumbling do, not putting blocking properly or running the wrong route one or twice is a player over and over... but I've seen our players put in position, our play caller set up the play and make the right call and when you miss the wide open HR it clogs so much... when you hit, it opens up so much as has been evident when we hit those plays and when we don't.

We for sure could have executed better and that does not fall solely on players but not hitting the wide open WR and fumbling do, not putting blocking properly or running the wrong route one or twice is a player over and over... but I've seen our players put in position, our play caller set up the play and make the right call and when you miss the wide open HR it clogs so much... when you hit, it opens up so much as has been evident when we hit those plays and when we don't.
and likewise not having an answer to a Missouri defense that is sitting on our routes and calling out our plays does not fall on players. You keep saying it is not solely on players, but every example you bring up is blaming players.