Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The (not) too early coaching search thread

then let's hope tanner goes after Freeze. 
Literally nobody in the SEC wants us to get Freeze. The Auburn and Tenn boards are lit up with calls for coaching changes so that they have a shot at him.

It's amazing that so many of our fans don't want him which makes me wonder how many of the people that are pushing back on Freeze also pushed back on the Spurrier hire.

Literally nobody in the SEC wants us to get Freeze. The Auburn and Tenn boards are lit up with calls for coaching changes so that they have a shot at him.

It's amazing that so many of our fans don't want him which makes me wonder how many of the people that are pushing back on Freeze also pushed back on the Spurrier hire.
Unfortunately, I don't think he will be the next HBC at Carolina, because some are afraid of his "baggage".  He'll probably end up at tenn and kick our asses for the next 10 years. 

I hope we pass on Napier.  His offense's at Clemson were nothing special.  They couldn't wait to get rid of him.  

Unfortunately, I don't think he will be the next HBC at Carolina, because some are afraid of his "baggage".  He'll probably end up at tenn and kick our asses for the next 10 years. 
I believe you may be correct that the push back about the baggage may be insurmountable for a Freeze hire at USC.

It is notable however that the UT base believes that the team that gets Freeze is going to dominate for the foreseeable future. This is just one of the threads I've seen. Replies are interesting.

I believe you may be correct that the push back about the baggage may be insurmountable for a Freeze hire at USC.

It is notable however that the UT base believes that the team that gets Freeze is going to dominate for the foreseeable future. This is just one of the threads I've seen. Replies are interesting.
If our fans reaction to kids wanting to move on after their coaches/mentors/father figures were just fired and the people who they thought supported them started talking shit about them personally has proven anything it is that 'fans' don't seem to know shit about much to do with building a winning program...so I wouldn't worry about a bunch of UT fans freaking out on twitter. There is a good chance they don't have any idea what they are talking about. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If our fans reaction to kids wanting to move on after their coaches/mentors/father figures were just fired and the people who they thought supported them started talking shit about them personally has proven anything it is that 'fans' don't seem to know shit about much to do with building a winning program...so I wouldn't worry about a bunch of UT fans freaking out on twitter. There is a good chance they don't have any idea what they are talking about. 
Well apparently Muschamp knows nothing about building a winning program either.

I think these people are in the minority and not indicative of the fan base as a whole and I also think that if this were any other program and players quit you would have some fans saying the same thing.  Fan is short  for fanatic and let's be honest fanatics are not normally logical in how they think.  I read some of the replies on twitter to Horn yesterday and I often wonder if some of those people are actual fans of Carolina or if some of them are not fans of other teams and want to throw a little gas on the fire.  It is not a good look either way, but social media as a whole has given a voice to many idiots these days.  

FWIW I'm seeing that the rumor going around that Freeze is blackbarred from coaching in the SEC is not true.

FWIW I'm seeing that the rumor going around that Freeze is blackbarred from coaching in the SEC is not true.

Something I read yesterday said he would be cleared to come back if he wanted that he was not welcome in the past 

Well apparently Muschamp knows nothing about building a winning program either.
Yet...he is unmeasurably more qualified than you are...HE...was a multi-sport high school athlete...basketball, baseball, football and track...walked on at Uga and became the defensive captain his senior year...earned a degree from Georgia and Masters in Education at Auburn...coached at Valdosta State, Auburn, LSU, Texas, Florida and South Carolina...for the Miami Dolphins in the NFL...has recruited, coached and sent dozens of athletes into the NFL...been a part of championship teams and programs for over twenty plus years...etc.

You have eaten some fried chicken and drank some beers in a parking lot and then sat in the stands and watched other people do things you couldn't or fully understand.

You are certainly free to share your opinions on who the coach of the team you watch will be but need to understand that you aren't qualified to attack the character of a kid headed for the NFL after his reason for even choosing a certain school was just fired and he is being personally attacked by a bunch of nobodies online.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something I read yesterday said he would be cleared to come back if he wanted that he was not welcome in the past 
Yeah that was pretty much the gist of what I saw too. 

In any event, I still don't think he'll be our next coach. 

Yet...he is unmeasurably more qualified than you are...HE...was a multi-sport high school athlete...basketball, baseball, football and track...walked on at Uga and became the defensive captain his senior year...earned a degree from Georgia and Masters in Education at Auburn...coached at Valdosta State, Auburn, LSU, Texas, Florida and South Carolina...for the Miami Dolphins in the NFL...has recruited, coached and sent dozens of athletes into the NFL...been a part of championship teams and programs for over twenty plus years...etc.

You have eaten some fried chicken and drank some beers in a parking lot and then sat in the stands and watched other people do things you couldn't or fully understand.

You are certainly free to share your opinions on who the coach of the team you watch will be but need to understand that you aren't qualified to attack the character of a kid headed for the NFL after his reason for even choosing a certain school was just fired and he is being personally attacked by a bunch of nobodies online.
Did you quote the wrong post? Or have you just become a full fledged chemo advocate? Recognizing failure does not require that someone could do better. That is a regrettably common logical fallacy

Why are you such a dick?  I never aspired to be a football coach.  Muschamp has failed at 2 HC jobs.  Perhaps you define that as success, I don't.

I agree to an extent.  I think that baggage will prevent us from going after him as hard as we should and also think Freeze feels that when he comes back to the SEC it will be with a bigger name like UT.  Hope I'm wrong because he'd be my #1 choice far above any of the lower tier HCs or clemson assistants mentioned. 

The search is well underway,  and the leaders are  with the fan base that I am hearing is  the head coach at tech Billy,

the second one is Beamer, and the other I hope not is the guy from ARMY.  We need an Joe Brady, or an Myer, or

how about let's at least call the coach at Costal Carolina, we have an history of letting coaches from other places get away

they should have hired LANE KIFFIN instead of giving Muschamp an deal . I really lay this in the lap of the board at Carolina

what an mess, and they look like they are headed right back for more of the same.

I agree to an extent.  I think that baggage will prevent us from going after him as hard as we should....
There's quite a bit if people start digging....this is not an easy decision if we could get this guy. 

I'm all for 2nd chances, but fans can be awfully unforgiving. I defer to Lt Gen Caslen. I think this is his call.