Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The (not) too early coaching search thread

Did you quote the wrong post? Or have you just become a full fledged chemo advocate? Recognizing failure does not require that someone could do better. That is a regrettably common logical fallacy
Claiming someone knows nothing about how to be successful at something...when...one...it isn't true...and...two...you know absolutely nothing about any part of any aspect of what you are talking about...is NOT...'recognizing failure or success'...thanks for the concern though!

But you are right...'recognizing' success or failure is super easy...claiming to know anything about how one would or would not achieve either when you have no idea about any aspect of any part of the job/undertaking itself is the tricky part...specially when defending 'fans' attacking student athletes and making wild declarations on twitter was the motivation for it.

Please keep the dislike of each other or hurt feelings from the political forum off here.  That was a bit ridiculous.

There's quite a bit if people start digging....this is not an easy decision if we could get this guy. 

I'm all for 2nd chances, but fans can be awfully unforgiving. I defer to Lt Gen Caslen. I think this is his call. 
This.  

Freeze certainly has baggage and it would be a cost benefit analysis by people who know a whole lot more than us. I still think he would be a good hire but there would certainly be some scrutiny and the contract should contain some protection for the school. 

Freeze certainly has baggage and it would be a cost benefit analysis by people who know a whole lot more than us. I still think he would be a good hire but there would certainly be some scrutiny and the contract should contain some protection for the school
I think they always put something to the effect of not doing anything detrimental to the school or it's reputation.  Which means he could be fired without his payout but dealing with the ncaa would be another story.

That's really why I believe the hookers he got calling for weren't for him but for recruits.  Made him look bad only and not more punishment from ncaa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Claiming someone knows nothing about how to be successful at something...when...one...it isn't true...and...two...you know absolutely nothing about any part of any aspect of what you are talking about...is NOT...'recognizing failure or success'...thanks for the concern though!

But you are right...'recognizing' success or failure is super easy...claiming to know anything about how one would or would not achieve either when you have no idea about any aspect of any part of the job/undertaking itself is the tricky part...specially when defending 'fans' attacking student athletes and making wild declarations on twitter was the motivation for it.
you didn't reply to a post about anyone talking bad about student athletes. no reason to be a jerk. also, clearly champ has some major flaws as a coach and probably a person based on his inability to adjust. I think criticizing him as a bad leader is fair and accurate. Criticizing him as a bad person is probably too far, but certainly not definitely too far.  

The search is well underway,  and the leaders are  with the fan base that I am hearing is  the head coach at tech Billy,

the second one is Beamer, and the other I hope not is the guy from ARMY.  We need an Joe Brady, or an Myer, or

how about let's at least call the coach at Costal Carolina, we have an history of letting coaches from other places get away

they should have hired LANE KIFFIN instead of giving Muschamp an deal . I really lay this in the lap of the board at Carolina

what an mess, and they look like they are headed right back for more of the same.
Thanks an lot for the info.

I was reading some stuff on Vol Nation earlier today, they seem worried that we might get Freeze.

We have pretty much lost the same way through three (counting Elliott) coaches.

I feel like whoever we hire is not going to do any better than the two previous HCs for some reason.

We have pretty much lost the same way through three (counting Elliott) coaches.

I feel like whoever we hire is not going to do any better than the two previous HCs for some reason.
We hire the right coach, then we will win.

Tin foil hat time!

Napier started following the newly hired search firm on Twitter, and a bunch of current players/recruits started following Napier.

Anyone got a line on the USC plane? Did we ever get that Cock-copter? 

Tin foil hat time!

Napier started following the newly hired search firm on Twitter, and a bunch of current players/recruits started following Napier.

Anyone got a line on the USC plane? Did we ever get that Cock-copter? 
Don't forget real estate agents selling houses on Lake Murray? Is he shopping for a house yet?

Don't forget real estate agents selling houses on Lake Murray? Is he shopping for a house yet?
My cousin's ex-girlfriend's aunt with the hairlip said she saw Hugh Freeze eating a chili cheeseburger basket at Rush's.

zHOvbem.jpg

All i know is i REALLLY DONT want to go back to the spread full time. I love the multiple looks we've been giving. 

We've got a very solid group of potential coaches to choose from and I've been on the Freeze train for a while and still am, but I'm starting to warm up to Napier as well.  I mean, just stepping back and thinking that if his real motivation is to get back at Dabo, is that good or bad?  On the one hand it seems perfect for us because it probably means that he not only wants to just beat Dabo, he probably wants to embarrass him and perhaps surpass what he has done in taterville.  That all sounds good of course.  But on the other hand, is it too much hate for Dabo that could cause our program to lose control.  I mean how would he react to say losing to Dabo the first or second time.  Would it be too much for him to come back from and lose focus?  

Not sure how I feel about Urban. I'm pretty sure he could come in a win, and win quickly. But I see him as another Holtz / Spurrier. Hall of Fame coach at the twilight of his career. He'll give it a good 5 or so years and then start mailing it in. Just like Holtz and SOS did. 
 The building looks great inside and out, having toured the facility I think it's as good anywhere in the country