Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Worst Era In Gamecock Sports History

picknroll

Regal Premier Gamecock
Fanatics Cash
Hi folks - esp Feathered Cock! I am 65 years old, a lifelong suffering Gamecock loser like so many of you. All the veneer of any kind of pride in this program has been stripped off me. It's at it's lowest point ever across the board, unless you consider womens basketball a sport, which I do not.

I don't see how anyone could say that we are even trying to compete in the Southeastern Conference. In fact. I think we are the Washington Generals of the SEC - there only to lose. The Generals btw are the team that travels around losing to the Harlem Globetrotters every night.

I am so disgusted with the Board of Trustees, the President of USC, and the Aththletics Director, who have let us slide so deeply into the sludge that we're the laughing stock of college sports. It's worth no ones time for me to detail all the many mistakes and the complete incompetence of this cast of clowns, so I won't. We all know how how humiliating it has become to watch us in any sport.

Firing or removing the people responsible almost isn't good enough for them. I won't even say what I think should happen. 

If you watched the Mizzou game or the Princeton game and disagree with me, good for you. Keep those garnet colored glasses on and go put on your beamerball tshirt. Have a ball.

I long for the Richard Bell and the Darren Horn periods over what we have today. This is the sorriest  coaching ever and I'd like for anyone to tell me how we're going to recruit our way out of this mess.

Don't know what happened to F Martin but he is DONE although we'll probably hire some junior high school coach to replace him. Beamer is golly...really really a like total goofball, too. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Missouri game thoughts

The performance in Columbia, MO gets chalked up with the 2019 victory at Georgia and the 2020 upset of Auburn at Williams-Brice Stadium . I heard local radio personas chalk up the 40-17 win vs. Florida last week as "program changing" and "something Gamecock fans will talk about 50 years from now".  Tt's the same song and dance that GAMECOCK FANS are used to at this stage of the game!

QB Play - it might be too early to tell, but the only SEC caliber QB that USC has fielded in the past five years not named Jake Bentley is Jason Brown ... Unfortunately, the guy is running for his life yet has above average elusiveness to make plays down field instead of just dinking-and-dunking .You could tell this evening that he was ready to lay into some of those OL for their lack of blocking and support.  He should have been in a winner's position tonight but that pitiful group up front got dismantled (again).

Running Game - where in the world was this tonight for South Carolina? A porous Missouri Defense was only allowing about 275 yards per game on the ground and yet former Carolina Panthers Defensive Coordinator shut it down to the tune of 50 yards for the Gamecocks midway through the 4th Quarter. After watching the most underrated RB in the SEC, Tyler Badie (5-8, 195), gash South Carolina play after play on 30+ touches for 200+ yards via Mizzou Head Coach Eli Drinkwitz's modus operandi of "riding his horse", USC's trio of Harris-Lloyd-White combined for 33 touches ... It is beyond questionable of what purpose or reason that Marcus Satterfield and Greg Adkins were included on Shane Beamer's initial staff - this should have been addressed during the Bye Week but must take place on 11/28/21.

Defense - Soft, Weak, Poor tackling and Awful desire. The one comment we should not hear this week is that "guys are fighting their butts off". Uh, no they are not with the arm-tackling and "ole' play" displayed tonight. Missouri punched South Carolina in the mouth time and again and came out the victors - deservedly so!

Feathered Cock, it is good to hear from you again, old friend. You've done amazing things with this site! 

Back to business at hand though. We don't even TRY to hire any really good coaches and all our fans should be outraged over this. It is simply not acceptable to hire a guy like Beamer as our Head Coach. He's a very nice guy but he's a laughing - a true laughing stock. So was Muschamp, and I was dumb enough to defend him, but he was also a laughing stock. Seriously, by the end of the 1st quarter tonight I was pulling for Mizzou to beat us by 40. Oh well.... it sucks to feel like this but I've polished this turd enough. I'm not going to do it anymore.

Thanks nice to see you old man. need to check in more often. 

Thank you, FC. I'm retired now so I believe I will.

Hi folks - esp Feathered Cock! I am 65 years old, a lifelong suffering Gamecock loser like so many of you. All the veneer of any kind of pride in this program has been stripped off me. It's at it's lowest point ever across the board, unless you consider womens basketball a sport, which I do not.

I don't see how anyone could say that we are even trying to compete in the Southeastern Conference. In fact. I think we are the Washington Generals of the SEC - there only to lose. The Generals btw are the team that travels around losing to the Harlem Globetrotters every night.

I am so disgusted with the Board of Trustees, the President of USC, and the Aththletics Director, who have let us slide so deeply into the sludge that we're the laughing stock of college sports. It's worth no ones time for me to detail all the many mistakes and the complete incompetence of this cast of clowns, so I won't. We all know how how humiliating it has become to watch us in any sport.

Firing or removing the people responsible almost isn't good enough for them. I won't even say what I think should happen. 

If you watched the Mizzou game or the Princeton game and disagree with me, good for you. Keep those garnet colored glasses on and go put on your beamerball tshirt. Have a ball.

I long for the Richard Bell and the Darren Horn periods over what we have today. This is the sorriest  coaching ever and I'd like for anyone to tell me how we're going to recruit our way out of this mess.

Don't know what happened to F Martin but he is DONE although we'll probably hire some junior high school coach to replace him. Beamer is golly...really really a like total goofball, too. 
I will agree with your assessment of Frank Martin. Why he is still here is beyond me. He has a losing record since the Final Four appearance. Instead of capitalizing on the success of that year, it got pissed away. 

The assessment of the football program is a little too pearl clutching, drama Queen for me. Tonight was very disappointing, without a doubt. We were better than Missouri, but blew it. Our OL is absolutely one of the worst I’ve ever seen. They seem to have no clue what they’re doing, nor do they seem interested in improving. But, with all that negative evidence, this coaching staff has made this team better than last year. I think Coach Beamer is going to be the greatest coach in USC history, but it will take him time. He has the energy, enthusiasm, desire and knowledge to turn this program into a contender, but it sure as heck isn’t going to happen overnight. He is going to make mistakes, which he has done already, but he will gain more experience and learn.  He has a mess on his hands, but is doing the best he can. Some people don’t like his cheering, but I ask, what is he supposed to do?  He has to manage what he has. He could come out and say that this team sucks and a lot of the guys don’t have the talent, but that’s not good management. He has to motivate the guys he has. If he did not handle it that way, the players would quit on him. He’s playing the hand he was dealt, and polishing a turd for the time being. Give him time and he will be able to start polishing diamonds. 

We've been "giving them time" since time eternal. Glad you're happy, but we can disagree and still be friends. I don't want to demean Beamer but he is simply not qualified for the position. Nice guy but a disastrous laughing stock of a hire. His hiring demeans the stature of our Head Coach position. When LSU needs a head coach, look at the people they consider. We never even APPROACHED anybody like that since Spurrier - and let me remind you how fortunate we were to get him for a bargain basement price - because we are not even trying to compete in the SEC. Our BOT simply doesn't want to commit the resources to hire a powerful person they can't push around, and the kind of assistants who can really recruit and compete. 

I've been where you are and tried to defend the awful coaches we've hired - one disaster after another. Probably not worth your time but you can go back and read my prior posts and see what a true Gamecock sycophant I have been....and CLUELESS! The truth is, this University can and should be very competitive in the SEC. We have the resources but refuse to employ them to do what is necessary to win. There are no excuses. It's a complete and total failure of leadership from the very top. 

Another for instance.... I'm pretty certain that 4 times Nick Saban publicly spurred offers to leave the Miami Dolphins to become Head Coach at Alabama. That didn't make any difference to Alabama. Their entire Board of Trustees flew to Miami to offer him the job. They pretty much told him (paraphrasing), "we've decided that you are going to be our Head Football Coach. Here's the checkbook, just fill in the amount you need and we'll be sure you can hire whomever you require to help you bring us some championships." 

If we were really serious about winning, we wouldn't hire a boy scout to be our Head Football Coach. That's how Beamer is regarded and as a result of that our football program is a laughing stock. Don't think the other recruiters from other schools don't mock that decision. It's just not serious at all. It's bush league.

unless you consider womens basketball a sport, which I do not
Wow. I guess I would understand if you said it wasn't of interest to you, but this statement is over the top. 

we're the laughing stock of college sports
Give me a break. The poster child for mediocrity? Sure.

This is the sorriest  coaching ever
Again, so over the top. Just take it down a few notches instead of "turning the dial to 11" and everyone would probably agree with you. Fat Brad? Sparky? Come on dude.

Beamer is golly...really really a like total goofball, too. 
smh.

Let it all our picknroll lol.  Nobody really knows what Beamer is yet.  The names that were the hot names a couple of years ago are not panning out at schools so there is not exact science unless you are one of the traditional big dog programs like Alabama you don’t just get the top coaches to come to your school because it does not matter how much money we throw at them other schools have more and winning traditions ie LSU.  Look at Jimbo right now.  A&M paid huge money to get another year of disappointment.  Sark at Texas? Hell if you really think about it the University of Florida has really only had two great coaches in their existence.   Spurrier and Myer and we had one of those and had the best success in the history of the program.   Alabama has set a standard that every program in the country now thinks that is they lose a couple of games it is a failure.  I understand your frustration, but also think there needs to be perspective 

Back to the team.  If the players we have on the offensive line are as bad as they appear, we have a long way to go to get right.  That is one position you cannot fix quickly as it takes time for these kids to come out of high school and develop.  We may have to look to the JC route for immediate impact players.  I also think the play calling could have been better to help our o-line out during this game and I think that falls on the coaches.  We did nothing to keep them from blitzing us on 1st down and we should have made some adjustments to counter, but we did not.  

Pick is in a way saying what some of us feel like. Pick really is a positive Poster. This is the first time that I ever heard him say anything negative.  His son did some writing for some Gamecocks sites. Anyhow I can be myself negative and believe sometimes may as well say for the most part regret it. But year in year out for years and years of mostly frustration even the most positive under these circumstance can just get tired, even JC the head man at THEBIGSPUR blasted Gamecocks last night and for good reason.  

When you take a stand that is not conducive to the party sometimes the hand that feeds you bites back. I know. Anyhow food for thought. Gamecocks have the 84th worst record in college football after playing for 114 years and if it wasn't for Spurrier's great run we'd have an all time losing record. Tell me again why you think that'll ever change?

Still I say GO COCKS I love you but you are breaking my heart. 

If you're cheering for another team to beat us then you have issues.  Also the comment about WBB is uncalled for.  Get on board or get lost.

We were never as good as we thought after the Florida win, obviously.  It gave a lot of false hope that somehow issues had been erased through the bye week.  They have not and I'm not sure that anyone on this team skill player wise will be around by the time we can recruit and develop toughness on this team along the O line and find a competent QB.  What a shame too because we have 1 really good WR and some very good backs.  Its way too early to say that Beamer isn't the guy.  Ridiculously early.  He will go through some growing pains as he matures as a HC and we will have to suffer for it at times.  This will not be the same staff 2-3 years from now either.  We basically started over at ground zero with him  - and he has the tough job of working through what Muschamp left.  It will take multiple recruiting cycles and some luck to get get this team into a consistently competitive team.  Even with all that, we still had a chance to win yesterday.

Pick is in a way saying what some of us feel like. Pick really is a positive Poster. This is the first time that I ever heard him say anything negative.  His son did some writing for some Gamecocks sites. Anyhow I can be myself negative and believe sometimes may as well say for the most part regret it. But year in year out for years and years of mostly frustration even the most positive under these circumstance can just get tired, even JC the head man at THEBIGSPUR blasted Gamecocks last night and for good reason.  

When you take a stand that is not conducive to the party sometimes the hand that feeds you bites back. I know. Anyhow food for thought. Gamecocks have the 84th worst record in college football after playing for 114 years and if it wasn't for Spurrier's great run we'd have an all time losing record. Tell me again why you think that'll ever change?

Still I say GO COCKS I love you but you are breaking my heart. 
What scares me is that I feel myself getting apathetic about it all.  I used to live and die for the next GC game.  I used to read everything about the current season/game, used to pore over recruiting information, used to listen to all of the local radio shows/coaches shows, used to give money to the GC club, buy season tickets to several sports and attend as many games as I could.

Watching most of our football games and men's basketball games are now akin to getting a root canal.  I don't want to feel this way but decades and decades of getting kicked in the nuts is taking it's toll. 

Everyone laughed when I suggested we go after Lane Kiffen.
I didn't look at what he is doing at Ole Miss also I thought highly of Wake Forest coach Dave Clawson He would have been a perfect fit here. Need someone that can get these young men to play approve their talent issue. Would have been perfect here.

If you're cheering for another team to beat us then you have issues.  Also the comment about WBB is uncalled for.  Get on board or get lost.

We were never as good as we thought after the Florida win, obviously.  It gave a lot of false hope that somehow issues had been erased through the bye week.  They have not and I'm not sure that anyone on this team skill player wise will be around by the time we can recruit and develop toughness on this team along the O line and find a competent QB.  What a shame too because we have 1 really good WR and some very good backs.  Its way too early to say that Beamer isn't the guy.  Ridiculously early.  He will go through some growing pains as he matures as a HC and we will have to suffer for it at times.  This will not be the same staff 2-3 years from now either.  We basically started over at ground zero with him  - and he has the tough job of working through what Muschamp left.  It will take multiple recruiting cycles and some luck to get get this team into a consistently competitive team.  Even with all that, we still had a chance to win yesterday.
I heard that on 107.5 a few weeks back and made me step back. Why in the world would you want another team to beat because you do not like the coach and want change. Never could understand that kind of backward logic. Man, I want to win, I would be happy with any coach that could take us to the promised land and always want them to succeed even when we are 0-10 want to win and want him to succeed.  

But anyhow we have Beamer and I will support him because I like winning and wanting the best for him and our team. Just hope he makes the right decision here. He is a good recruiter and I want to win and see him succeed here. Hay two to play only need 1 win to go Bowling. Chances are slim but they are still in front of this team.