Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should our response be if Russia invades Ukraine?

Things not going well at home for Putin? Usually these things are done to bolster something else. 

Dunno about a ground war, but Putin could be staring down the barrel of a nasty air war. NATO is nothing to play with. 
Hmmm...yeah those things have a funny way of spiraling out of control. 

Dunno about a ground war, but Putin could be staring down the barrel of a nasty air war. NATO is nothing to play with. 
Ukraine is not part of NATO. 

Ukraine and Russia have been fighting since Russia invaded Crimea 6-7 years ago. Though the build us is concerning. Could just be posturing. Could be for real. 

I'm not sure NATO has the gumption anymore to actually adhere to its mission.
If they don't respond to Russian aggression, then their mission is kaput. Might as well disband. 

Russians are sneaky bastards....but so are we. 

based on strategic location we must support the Ukraine...hopefully Putin will stand down 

Technically they have a mandate when a MEMBER NATION is attacked, but Ukraine is not a member, and Putin knows this... could be a very nasty no-win for everyone.

This is a perfect scenario for a tank-buster drone, i.e., a drone version of the A-10.

It would allow us to stop the armor and supply truck threats without the political risk of airmen POWs.

UAVs have been blowing up insurgents in their 95' Toyota pick-ups for years in the recent war on terror, but I think they were intended for much heavier targets.

It would give me a serious hard-on to watch Allied drones tear Putin's forces to pieces.  It would be the video game from hell.

Ukraine's surrounding NATO neighbors would most likely be next if Putin is allowed to take Ukraine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Germany has several energy agreements in place with Russia which IIRC is supplying them with natural gas and oil.  I doubt Germany wants to lose those energy sources with Russia over Ukraine. 

This is a perfect scenario for a tank-buster drone, i.e., a drone version of the A-10.
Russia has those sophisticated S-300 & S-400 SAM systems that are mobile. This is where stealth aircraft enter the picture. 

I really don't want us to lose any of our assets....they are not easy to replace.