Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should our response be if Russia invades Ukraine?

overview-of-capsized-ship-and-buring-storage-tank_port-of-berdyansk_ukraine_25march2022_wv2.jpg

True, the landing ship was sunk, but the fuel tanks on the wharf are also damaged and burning.

True dat.
Hindsight is 20/20. Maybe none of them thought Putin was this stupid?

Makes one wonder about the efficacy of the MBT as the tip of the spear.
But no M-1s (as long as they stay out of the mud).
I did see an interview with a ret. General who was advocating the US send M-1s to the Ukrainians. That would be interesting...but it takes a lot of training and support to man one of those.

The Kearsarge ARG is about halfway across the big pond.

FT_3_28_22-1.jpg

Atroshenko said: “The night was just as we expected, that [everything Russia promised] is a lie from the beginning till the end, that’s why at night we had some serious shelling at night. And the Russians were trying to destroy all possible means of crossing Desna River towards Kyiv.”

Atroshenko said: “The night was just as we expected, that [everything Russia promised] is a lie from the beginning till the end, that’s why at night we had some serious shelling at night. And the Russians were trying to destroy all possible means of crossing Desna River towards Kyiv.”
What a shock.

Lithuania getting some Devil Dogs and Hornets for protection.

I believe the reporter means Cherry Point, though.

Lithuania getting some Devil Dogs and Hornets for protection.
Wish they could deploy to Mariupol.

I know we need to show restraint, but dam I wish we could go bust some azz.

Jarheads need to upgrade to Super Hornets.

Workers at the Chernobyl nuclear site said that Russian soldiers kicked up clouds of radioactive dust while driving through the toxic “Red Forest” zone without radiation protection.

Russian tanks entered Chernobyl, which is located about 65 miles north of Ukrainian capital Kyiv, on Feb. 24, the first day of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, but new details of the seizure of Chernobyl's nuclear plant are just emerging, according to Reuters.

Soldiers drove armored vehicles through the Red Forest, causing an increase in radiation levels due to the resulting disturbance of radioactive soil around the site of the 1986 Chernobyl disaster.

Looks like an E2-D Advanced Hawkeye had to ditch in a marshy area of Virginia, killing one of its crew of three.

6965510.jpeg

I had seen the new 8-bladed props in pics, but don't that much about the new variant of the Hawkeye.

Most likely unrelated to the Ukraine conflict, but still sad to hear.

"Air Force Gen. Tod Wolters, testifying Wednesday before the House Armed Services Committee, said the alliance’s rotational policy to deter the Kremlin has “got to change” to meet the challenges posed by Russia’s unprovoked attack on Ukraine.

Poland, the Baltic nations and members bordering the Black Sea 'are very willing' to accept permanent NATO ground and air forces 'from Tallinn to Sofia' and an increased naval presence 'from the Arctic to the Aegean,' Wolters said."

Last edited: