Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should our response be if Russia invades Ukraine?

That's gotta hurt. Good for them.
It's now becoming a war of logistics. The west is pumping supplies into Ukraine & RU cannot match it.
RU has already lost so much and still is taking a beating from the UKR tactics.
But don't think Putin is going down without a fight.

It's now becoming a war of logistics. The west is pumping supplies into Ukraine & RU cannot match it.
RU has already lost so much and still is taking a beating from the UKR tactics.
But don't think Putin is going down without a fight.
Essentially a present-day version of the 600-ship-navy strategy which broke Russia back to end the Cold War.

I believe this conflict will be very similar to Desert Shield and Desert Storm once the atrocities committed by the Russians in Kiev have light shed upon them in the wake of the Russians' retreat/redeployment.

We are in the Desert Shield equivalent now, but my gut tells me the Storm part will happen before June if the upcoming talks in Turkey fail.

I hope it doesn't, but that's what my gut tells me.

Ukrainian civilians being found as Russia retreats with their hands bound and executed. This is Nazi level barbaric behavior, the UN should be issuing daily statements that these war crimes will be punished.

T
Ukrainian civilians being found as Russia retreats with their hands bound and executed. This is Nazi level barbaric behavior, the UN should be issuing daily statements that these war crimes will be punished.
Truely barbaric images and reports coming out of areas where the Russians have retreated.

We are in the Desert Shield equivalent now, but my gut tells me the Storm part will happen before June if the upcoming talks in Turkey fail.
The talks will likely fail with UKR left with having to drive the RU out completely. Bucha has changed everything.
The amount of combat skilled volunteers from multiple countries fighting for UKR is amazing.
The drone/ATGM/mortar/artillery ambushes the Ukrainian forces are performing continue to be stunning. And the volume of destroyed/abandoned RU equipment being found as the RU retreats is still hard to grasp.

Certainly every day that ticks by helps UKR and hurts RU ... and they haven't taken a single major city, where the death toll would be even more galling.

Not just Nazi behavior but par for the course in terms of Russian behavior in WW2 as well...ask the Poles how they feel about Russia

Certainly every day that ticks by helps UKR and hurts RU ... and they haven't taken a single major city, where the death toll would be even more galling.
One day shy of 6 weeks:
Russia is now visually confirmed to have lost at least 2500 (2543) vehicles and pieces of equipment since it began its invasion of Ukraine on February 24.
https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/attack-on-europe-documenting-equipment.html

The below video has been confirmed as legit from 2-3 days ago. Approximately 50 RU vehicles destroyed in a UKR artillery strike.

Ukraine_wheat.jpeg

What would have to happen for Russia to admit defeat here? I don't see them "conquering" the Ukraine and whenever they withdraw, they have to know that the Ukraine will almost surely be made a member of NATO?

What would have to happen for Russia to admit defeat here? I don't see them "conquering" the Ukraine and whenever they withdraw, they have to know that the Ukraine will almost surely be made a member of NATO?
Ukraine would be better off staying out of the NATO for a few years to let things calm down assuming this thing ends soon. When Putin is removed from office would be a good time to explore that option but not now.

Well Russia is now sending mercenaries into Ukraine as their losses mount. This is yet another tactical blunder on their part. The training of these mercenaries is probably minimal and they are used to attacking unarmed populations more so than attacking a well trained and well armed military force that Ukraine is deploying that's also steeled with a hatred of Russia and this invasion.

There are already documented problems with Russian communications and now they're going to add language barriers to the mix. Also I don't know what these mercenaries have been promised but the Russians can't even seem to supply their own forces yet alone mercenaries.

A couple of days of not getting food and or water and supplies could even turn mercenaries against Russia if they feel they are being slighted concerning food and war supplies. This is also goig to cost the Russians much more money than paying their mostly conscript Army. This is just more evidence of what a colossal failure this has been.

This is just more evidence of what a colossal failure this has been.
You can't fix stupid.
-Can't fix their logistics debacle
-Soldiers refusing to fight
-Comms are on unsecured lines
-Soldiers contaminated from digging trenches at Chernobyl

They only things they seem to be somewhat good at is destroying buildings and killing innocent people.