Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should our response be if Russia invades Ukraine?

Mutinous Russian mercenary fighters barrelled towards Moscow on Saturday after seizing a southern city overnight, with Russia's military firing on them from the air but seemingly incapable of slowing their lightning advance.

Lukashenko brokered an ‘agreement’ between Putin and Prigozhin. And Prigozhin called off the dogs on their march to Moscow.

I was hoping for a civil war so the Russians would be forced to leave Ukraine. Now looks like it was just some kind of show. :(

Love him or hate him, Putin has stayed in power all these years because he knows how to grow and sustain Russian nationalism.

Putin has still labeled Prigohzin a traitor despite the agreement. I expect Prigohzin to fall out of a window before the year is over.

Putin is the master of all puppet masters. You have to wonder if the public conflict with Prigozhin is just a clever ruse to allow the Wagner Group to redeploy to Belarus so they can drive on Kiev from the north?

to allow the Wagner Group to redeploy to Belarus so they can drive on Kiev from the north?
They can't. UAF/ZSU has built formidable defenses on the roads heading south. Anyone attempting to break through, will be sitting ducks for arty & precision strike rockets. It would be a slaughter.

Putin is the master of all puppet masters. You have to wonder if the public conflict with Prigozhin is just a clever ruse to allow the Wagner Group to redeploy to Belarus so they can drive on Kiev from the north?
Why would they need a ruse to do that?

And there's some emerging evidence that Wagner PMC may be partially disbanded for what happened. Lots of unpredictable situations!
Things have always been so goofy in Russia that it's hard to say what will happen.

However, I do think the UAF will send special forces to take out Prigozhin in Belarus eventually as payback.

I just think this whole thing sounds way too fishy. They have fought like crazy for Bakhmut. Now Ukraine launches a counter-offensive and all of the sudden Prigozhin and 25,000 of his Wagner fighters have left there and were headed to Moscow.
Then, they just stop and give up their rebellion. Now they are setting up in Belarus and supposedly Putin allowed that.

I'm thinking maybe Ukraine was making up a lot of ground near Bakhmut so they just high tailed it.
Now Putin has a reason for loosing ground. It will because the Wagner group gave it up. It is not because his Russian troops were just getting beat. Looking at the Map, https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60506682, Ukraine has taken back a bunch of land.

I think in a few days when Ukraine is taking more land, like a Surge, Putin and Prigozhin are going to make up and Wagner is going to attack from Belarus and head towards Kiev again. Ukraine will have to pull resources back to protect Kiev and their surge will be stopped.