Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should our response be if Russia invades Ukraine?

Wow.
Here's another article that clarifies the type of submarine he commanded.

The Krasnodar was initially reported as an Oscar II-class nuclear ballistic missile boat, but the Krasnodar is actually a more traditional Kilo-class conventional submarine like the old German U-boats of WW2.

2XI67Q3N2NKMVIXMWYE6IZ3CQY.jpg

That's a pretty big difference in size and capability.

In June 2022 an unconfirmed report from within Russia's defence industry suggested that a further tranche of six additional Project 636.3 vessels might be ordered to start construction in around 2024.
The PPK-class "is slightly longer in length — the sub’s submerged displacement is around 4,000 tons — and feature improved engines, an improved combat system, as well as new noise reduction technology; it can fire both torpedoes and cruise missiles, launched from one of six 533-millimeter torpedo tubes."

It was reported in September 2022 that a feature of the Kilo class is that they can only carry four Kalibrs, and can only launch the cruise missiles through two of their six torpedo tubes.
After the sinking of the Moskva, it was remarked that the Kilo-class subs were the only members of the Black Sea Fleet whose orders seemed not to prohibit venturing into Ukrainian waters near Odessa.

I wonder if the newer Kilo boats have to be surfaced to to fire the Kalibr cruise missiles?

Last edited:
Wow, you can replace the Officer but replacing the experience is another issue.

Combine that with no NCOs and you have very little chance of succeeding.

Even the old Imperial Japanese military had NCO pilots in their fighters and bombers during their early successes in WW2.

In many countries, the military officers are just goons wearing fancy uniforms and a bazillion ribbons. That's what Putin has turned the Russian military into.

Combine that with no NCOs and you have very little chance of succeeding.

Even the old Imperial Japanese military had NCO pilots in their fighters and bombers during their early successes in WW2.

In many countries, the military officers are just goons wearing fancy uniforms and a bazillion ribbons. That's what Putin has turned the Russian military into.
There has to be a faction in the Russian hierarchy that wants to end this non-sense. They are crippling their military.

There has to be a faction in the Russian hierarchy that wants to end this non-sense. They are crippling their military.
I wonder if most of the senior military officers who would overthrow Putin have been killed in the war already. Maybe that's his overall plan if the war fails.

I would think so as well...however I would imagine that Putin rules by fear and saying a word to the contrary I assume gets one killed...I think it would take a pretty ballsy play by a silent minority to get the ball rolling! I would assume that the CIA does all it can to make these things happen (but then again maybe I have watched too many movies/read too many books)

If you use ant and roach spray on a wasp or yellowjacket, all it does is piss them off and then they come after you if you do it enough times.

That's the way this war seems to me.

You gotta use the deadly stuff to accomplish anything. JMO

One of the problems is some of Putin's opponents would lead Russia into a WWIII. They are pissed because they want Putin to declare total war.
This is a difficult chess match.

One of the problems is some of Putin's opponents would lead Russia into a WWIII. They are pissed because they want Putin to declare total war.
This is a difficult chess match

well that is a sobering thought

Valid points about Russian casualties.
Not sure all those comments are true. UAF/ZSU may have acheived some parity in artillery strength. They are using lots of drones/other to strike at RA ammo + arty pieces.
The 10-1 ratio may be dated info & it's hard to encircle the RA when they retreat when pushed.

I think Putin is starting to realize that what worked in Syria will not work in Ukraine, but I also think we are starting to realize what worked with our "frienemies" in the War on Terror doesn't work in Ukraine, either.

A train wreck all caused by the President of Russia.

Ukraine has no navy. Do supporting countries attack the blockade? Is this where the escalation starts to ramp up?

Ukraine has no navy. Do supporting countries attack the blockade? Is this where the escalation starts to ramp up?
This thing has done nothing but escalate all along so just another step in escalation. We say we won't send this and then we do and then rinse and repeat. This thing is being handled very poorly from so many angles and no I don't mean to make it political, just an observation.