Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10,000 miles

Slowly getting out onto the mountain more as the deluge ceases and we get a little warmer and drier - 40s is workable but below that I am just too old! First major crash of the new year yesterday, but no major damage.
giphy.gif

Me, my son, my brother and his son did the Peak to Harbison State Park canoe trip yesterday on the Broad River, 16.6 river miles. Beautiful scenery, seen several bald eagles, otters, and a wild turkey.

This was my Friday ride - was my first long ride of the spring, with the most climbing. Still feeling it!

Attachments

• D25F5F35-834D-45F7-8E9D-AC298FE7B0C1.jpeg
    D25F5F35-834D-45F7-8E9D-AC298FE7B0C1.jpeg
    554.3 KB · Views: 2
Did 44 this morning. raven rock ramble ride outside of Raleigh. I can can feel it. Been since early march since I last rode a good bit.

Wow, that's a nice ride especially considering you haven't been riding regularly.
Yeah. My buddies talked me into it. They had options to do 31, 43, 63, 82, and 100. 2 of the guys I ride with tried for the 100 but bailed at 50. 2 others were doing the 31. So I started to ride with them. When the route split, I was feeling good so I went for the 43. Don’t think I could have done more as I could feel cramps coming on near the end.

Me, my son, my brother and his son did the Peak to Harbison State Park canoe trip yesterday on the Broad River, 16.6 river miles. Beautiful scenery, seen several bald eagles, otters, and a wild turkey.
Here's the walking/biking tour part of your route if anyone's interested.

The part that goes across the old railroad trestle looks pretty neat.

I used to go through Peak as an alternate commute home when I still worked in the Columbia area. It's a neat little town. Someone could probably put a Maggie Valley-type theme park there if they did it right.

Here's the walking/biking tour part of your route if anyone's interested.

The part that goes across the old railroad trestle looks pretty neat.

I used to go through Peak as an alternate commute home when I still worked in the Columbia area. It's a neat little town. Someone could probably put a Maggie Valley-type theme park there if they did it right.
My brother and I have ridden the Peak to Prosperity part of the trail several times on our mountain bikes. Yeah that trestle is pretty awesome to go across. IIRC it's about a 12.5 mile round trip.

Guys, I read the thread and remembered how much I love to ride my bike. Even though I enjoy doing it, I have never ridden more than 12 miles because I like a more slowly ride. I need to try to ride faster with it and enjoy this type of ride too to get the most out of the bike

Last edited:
Guys, I read the thread and remembered how much I love to ride my bike. Even though I enjoy doing it, I have never ridden more than 12 miles because I like a more slowly ride. I need to try to ride faster and enjoy this type of ride too to get the most out of the bike
Do what works for you. It's all about the great outdoors.