Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corona virus, the non-asshole thread

I'd be shocked if schools (public K-12) reopen for the beginning of the year in August/September. 
We are our own worst enemies. We have people who are likely going to cause your assertion to become real because they are still spreading the CV. I do not see kids wearing facemasks. 

ASU will now require students, staff, and visitors to wear masks on campus

https://www.azfamily.com/news/asu-will-now-require-students-staff-and-visitors-to-wear-masks-on-campus/article_fe381d6a-acd0-11ea-a7bf-1b284242c95a.html

Last edited by a moderator:
My daughters year round swim club just started back This week to practice after 3 months off. The head coach sent out a scathing email saying that swimmers were not wearing masks into the pool and not social distancing. Parents as well were not setting good examples by not wearing masks either.

Starting this week, they are not allowing kids who don’t wear masks into practice. 

Im glad he went to this level. I saw it first hand on Monday. Also his son had Covid so he is pretty serious about it. 

My daughters year round swim club just started back This week to practice after 3 months off. The head coach sent out a scathing email saying that swimmers were not wearing masks into the pool and not social distancing. Parents as well were not setting good examples by not wearing masks either.

Starting this week, they are not allowing kids who don’t wear masks into practice. 

Im glad he went to this level. I saw it first hand on Monday. Also his son had Covid so he is pretty serious about it. 
That is great to hear...I applaud anyone who puts community health first

I know that where my wife teaches, they are going to do everything they can to compress the fall semester by skipping holidays and having some classes on Saturdays...their college is running into the problems with academic dishonesty during these shutdowns due to distand learning and TESTING...they are going to require students to come on campus for examinations in video taped rooms

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here... Does the coach want the swimmers to wear masks while swimming? 

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here... Does the coach want the swimmers to wear masks while swimming? 
Not while swimming, masks must be worn when entering and exiting the pool. And while waiting to enter from the parking lot for the previous session to end.

Once in the pool, though its really different too. They used to all congregate at one end of the pool together, get coached, and work on a drill by staggering 6-7 kids every 4-5 seconds. Now its 3 to a lane and two kids start on opposite ends of the pool and one starts in the middle. 

Restaurants in Jax and Orlando are already having to close down due to employees coming down with it.  Things will only get worse.  In Nashville this was the scene at the Kid Rock bar.  SMH

EaYvPyCWkAAff_u-e1592228575586-1024x648.jpg

Same thing here in AZ.

Herd immunity or something like that. We'll find out in a few weeks if a bunch of them get sick. 

200.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Walmart Is Turning 160 Locations Into Drive-In Movie Theaters for Fun Family Nights

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/parenting/walmart-is-turning-160-locations-into-drive-in-movie-theaters-for-fun-family-nights/ar-BB16ozju?li=BBnb7Kz

Although summer 2020 isn’t going to be the big party we’d all looked forward to, that doesn’t mean it isn’t going to be one to remember. Walmart is giving families something fun to do by transforming store parking lots into drive-in movie theaters. Grab the popcorn!

The retail giant has teamed up with Tribeca Enterprises to bring the big screen (safely) back to life with the touring drive-in movie theaters. Beginning in August through October, 160 Walmart parking lots will turn into contact-free theaters. The family-friendly movie nights will include 320 showings of hit films.

The Walmart Drive-In will even feature special appearances from filmmakers and celebrities. For concessions, you can order snacks and drinks online for curbside pickup before the movie. You can also get concessions delivered right to your car!

Florida, a world hot spot, is now opening theme parks and requiring in person schools to open in 4 weeks.  What could go wrong?

I got picked for an antibody study by one of the big dialysis companies, so I'm gonna be tested every two weeks for the next two years. At least I'll know, I guess.