Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corona virus, the non-asshole thread

I like having no commute to work. But that's about it. I find working from home extremely distracting with kids around. I thought It would not be too bad. But I have done it for 12 weeks now, and my employer told us it would be at least September, maybe as late as January before everyone goes back. I do go in sometimes for certain things I need to be on site for. But generally I am at home. 

With trying to home school kids, or kids barging in with some kind of 'emergency' in the middle of a call, the dog going inside and outside nonstop, going from one video call to the next, sitting in my makeshift office set up in the dining room, hour after hour....  Now I'm glad to have my job still. I know many have not been as fortunate, so I guess I should shut up and grind it out.  But I'm not a fan. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been blessed to work from home in some capacity for the lat 6 years so I am used to it, but not with wife and two kids also at home. I pretty much lock my office doors and dont come out in an attempt to avoid distractions, but when I am not on a call I do have work with kids on their work, so its not the most productive situation, but dont take this as me complaining, I am fully employed and busy. 

We got notice from our pool that they are going to open the pools. 25% capacity in the pools, rotate every hour to make it "fair" and outside the pool, not 100% capacity, must be 6 feet apart, wear masks, and no outside food or drink. If you register a temp of over 100.4 you have not come or leave immediately. Will also get booted for not wearing a mask. Wife and I have been in long discussions about it and think we are going to defer our membership to next year. It just doesn't sound fun and the summer is only June - Labor Day. So 3 months.We join for the summer swim team, but since that is cancelled even more of a reason to defer membership. We paid our money back in December before shit got crazy. Luckily I have family that has a pool that we can use. 

https://www.alcohol.org/guides/work-from-home-drinking/

Find your state to see how many people admit to drinking on job during the covid quarantine. 
Based on a survey of 3,000 American workers.

Straight from the website. 3000 people from 50 states = 600 people per state. 3000 people from a country of how large? I am not debating it happens. Ive had a drink between the hours of 8-5 before and everyday is happy hour. I am pointing out the sample size is small. 

Based on a survey of 3,000 American workers.

Straight from the website. 3000 people from 50 states = 600 people per state. 3000 people from a country of how large? I am not debating it happens. Ive had a drink between the hours of 8-5 before and everyday is happy hour. I am pointing out the sample size is small. 
it was mostly just a joke. 

All my kids summer camps cancelled citing in case of inclement weather they could not keep the kids and counselors socially distanced and would be going against state guidelines. 

Summer of George! Costanza

We posted the largest one day increase in cases since the pandemic began
AZ as well. Numbers are going up.

200.gif

are hospitalizations going up as well?  In 7 days we will see another huge spike across the US

Still going up....not looking good for some areas wanting schools to reopen. 

I'd be shocked if schools (public K-12) reopen for the beginning of the year in August/September. 

I'd be shocked if schools (public K-12) reopen for the beginning of the year in August/September. 
Our family gets sick every year in September after a few weeks of school. Cold or something typically. All those kids getting together and spreading germs after a summer apart. 

This year it will be Covid-19.

Our family gets sick every year in September after a few weeks of school. Cold or something typically. All those kids betting together and spreading germs after a summer apart. 

This year it will be Covid-19.
Hopefully they won't get too sick and stay away from their grandparents.