Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallbladder surgery

Let's see what happens at your next appointment and you get more information - you've got this, brother.

No stinkin' cancer is taking down Yancey.  You know we are all here for you Yancey.  Tell that cancer to stick it where the sun don't shine brother.

Damn Yancey, sorry to hear the bad news. But your positivity will kick its ass! 

Welp, this could have come out better.  Path report came back.  Gallbladder was cancerous.  Referral to oncologist and scans being set up.  6-24 month life expectancy.  Surgeon was surprised.  He saw no visible indications of any cancer 
Stay strong brother! My uncle is going through treatments for esophagus. Let's get that cleaned out! 

DIAGNOSIS:

Breaking-Bad-300x300.jpg

End of year update.  My oncologist quit and moved away.  All of his patients were dumped on another doc.  My cancer began to progress so I was kicked out of the study even as I was just a control. Since then I have fallen through the cracks and Omicron and the holidays have not helped.  My last treatment was on 11-10.  With no treatment at all the cancer has spread rapidly.  I have been trying to get in a new study run by a new oncologist.  Many hoops to jump through.  I have more labs and scans set for Friday.  Hopefully I will be able to start something with in the next couple of weeks.  Otherwise I have a few weeks to few months left.  Sucks but it is what it is.  

The study drug targets the HRBB2 (HER2) vulnerability that testing shows my tumors have.  Being eligible for this type of targeted therapy is a big plus.  I am guaranteed to receive the drug if accepted into the trial. It has performed well so far except for causing a nasty fatal lung infection in some people.  Ah, in for a penny, in for a pound I guess.  I'm pleased that I made it to 2022.  Now I will set my sights on being able to celebrate my birthday next month.  

Dang brother, hate to hear about all of the hoop jumping.  Hang in there, we're all pulling for you. 

End of year update.  My oncologist quit and moved away.  All of his patients were dumped on another doc.  My cancer began to progress so I was kicked out of the study even as I was just a control. Since then I have fallen through the cracks and Omicron and the holidays have not helped.  My last treatment was on 11-10.  With no treatment at all the cancer has spread rapidly.  I have been trying to get in a new study run by a new oncologist.  Many hoops to jump through.  I have more labs and scans set for Friday.  Hopefully I will be able to start something with in the next couple of weeks.  Otherwise I have a few weeks to few months left.  Sucks but it is what it is.  

The study drug targets the HRBB2 (HER2) vulnerability that testing shows my tumors have.  Being eligible for this type of targeted therapy is a big plus.  I am guaranteed to receive the drug if accepted into the trial. It has performed well so far except for causing a nasty fatal lung infection in some people.  Ah, in for a penny, in for a pound I guess.  I'm pleased that I made it to 2022.  Now I will set my sights on being able to celebrate my birthday next month.  
Hate to hear this Yancey. Your doc skipped town? WTF?

prayers and vibes your way man. 

Yancey...stay strong brother!  I hope that things work out and that you can get treatment...I fucking hate COVID

Keep fighting, amigo. You know all the old crew is here and will help however they can.

I'll catch everyone up. I was started on the standard gem-cis infusions. Didn't really work and I was taken off it in late November. I kept falling through the holiday cracks. My oncologist quit and moved away. I finally was admitted into a clinical trial of ZW25. I received my first dose on 1-24. My second will be on 2-7. However the time lapse has allowed the cancer to spread widely. Hopefully I will live until then. ZW25 has shown good results, so much so that it was expanded to an additional 100 patients world wide. I am 1 of those 100.

Goo
I'll catch everyone up. I was started on the standard gem-cis infusions. Didn't really work and I was taken off it in late November. I kept falling through the holiday cracks. My oncologist quit and moved away. I finally was admitted into a clinical trial of ZW25. I received my first dose on 1-24. My second will be on 2-7. However the time lapse has allowed the cancer to spread widely. Hopefully I will live until then. ZW25 has shown good results, so much so that it was expanded to an additional 100 patients world wide. I am 1 of those 100.
Good luck brother.