Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallbladder surgery

Dad didn't get moved this weekend, but should be moved tomorrow. I spent the last two days with him, and it's not good guys. I'm praying that the Inpatient hospice Facility offers him the comfort and peace he needs to let go. These drives back and forth are rough, so if you see a Gamecock VW Atlas blasting up or down 95, know it was for a good cause.26830_381310157054_2853784_n.jpg

Got to be tough on you and the family...hang in there. That's a great photo of Yancey, always love the garnet colored glasses.

My mom suffered a massive stroke in July of 2018 on a Monday, was moved to the hospice on Tuesday, and finally died that Wednesday night.

The doctor felt it was unnecessary to treat her any further and recommended hospice care, but the hospice rep who interviewed us kept asking us questions that Tuesday morning to see "if she really needed hospice care". I guess they have to do that to prevent people from using the hospice as a cheap nursing home, but I wanted to smack her at the time.

Seeing my mom go from being hooked up to all that equipment in the ICU to just a plain room with only an oxygen line in use was the most useless, helpless, and crappy feeling I have ever felt in my life.

Hang in there and be safe on the highway, Y3.

Hate to hear this. I hope he has found peace and is without pain now. Prayers to you and the entire Yancey family during this time.

My condolences for your loss. I've known Yancey for a couple of decades now. I even tailgated with him and some of the old timers from Russ' board back during the Holtz years.

Sorry for your loss, Y3.

I am 58 now. Lost my dad to a heart attack when I was 30 and mom back in 2018.

My dad was the youngest child of a large family, so I learned to take these things in stride as his siblings passed over the years.

I remember your dad from CT all those years ago. Time flies.

He's always had some good posts, but it seemed like the ones in the past year were his best ones. I didn't want to mention it while he was still alive and posting, but my thought is we might want to create a Yancey archive for his best threads/posts.

i only knew him through ct, but what a colorful character. you could tell he made the most out of his life and will leave that behind in his family and friends which is what we all want when our time comes. condolences y3

We miss you Yancey. Prayers to you and the family Y3. What a wonderful man Yancey was while on this great earth.

Sorry to hear this! I enjoyed talking to him over the years on CT.

So sorry for your loss, Y-3. Regardless of the forums he posted on over the years, Yancey was always someone I enjoyed reading. From his posts it sounds like he led a full life. I hope you and his family are able to find some peace.