Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallbladder surgery

Dearest Yancey,
I've followed over the boards for years and feel close. I am so sorry to hear this news. I do pray for comfort and peace for you and strength, as you deal with your current situation. God bless!💕

Anyone hear anything from Yancey? - He hasn't posted since Jul 2, and he typically posts several times x week.

Hope he's doing alright.

Yep, I check in on the Wordle thread, just to make sure he was posting -- even though I don't do Wordle.

Hey guys. Unfortunately, my dad is not doing very well. He has been admitted into a nursing & rehab center after a bad fall and infection sent him to the hospital for over a week. He's also accepted hospice care to help manage the pain. I visited with him Saturday afternoon & again on Sunday morning. I'll try and keep the board up-to-date on how things are going. You were all very much like family to him, and I know he misses being on here.

Hey guys. Unfortunately, my dad is not doing very well. He has been admitted into a nursing & rehab center after a bad fall and infection sent him to the hospital for over a week. He's also accepted hospice care to help manage the pain. I visited with him Saturday afternoon & again on Sunday morning. I'll try and keep the board up-to-date on how things are going. You were all very much like family to him, and I know he misses being on here.
Thanks for the update. please tell him we said hi and we wish him the best.

Last edited:

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."

- Matthew 11:28-30 NIV

Not sure if you and your dad are religious, but I am a believer and the scripture passage above has brought me peace more times than I care to admit.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. Please tell your dad that we are all thinking and missing him on the forum. We hope he's soon able to post more Puddles the Clown songs in the "What Music are you Listening to" thread.

Update on He Who Blasts Most Fowl. My Aunt and Uncle have spent the past few days visiting with him at Rehab. Their visit has helped perk him up some, and he has gone from not wanting any physical therapy, to wanting it. Unfortunately, this rehab place isn't a great place to be in, so we're hoping to get him transferred to a rehab section of the hospital where he was getting chemo. They said they would take him, so we just have to get this place to start the transfer. Depending on how long that takes, either myself or My Aunt & Uncle will transport him there. He has a new phone now, and a new tablet. I'm not sure if that will equate to him posting on here again, or at the very least, posting some back on FB. Thank you all so much for your prayers, thoughts, well wishes, and just generally being some of the best darn Gamecock fans out there! -Y3

Thanks Yancey-3 for the updates. I believe there are some on this forum that know your dad personally, but a lot of us just know him through various Gamecock forums throughout the years, and are interested in his well being. If there is anything we can do that would boost his spirits just let us know. And also let your dad know we're thinking of him.

Thanks Yancey-3 for the updates. I believe there are some on this forum that know your dad personally, but a lot of us just know him through various Gamecock forums throughout the years, and are interested in his well being. If there is anything we can do that would boost his spirits just let us know. And also let your dad know we're thinking of him.
For sure. I have never met him, but feel like I know him since have seen him on various gamecock message boards for close to 20 years.

I hope to pull off an OOTS style fellowship for remembrance when the time comes. I think a Spring Game would suit him for that. Fighting Cock, Pickled Okra, Moldy Twinkies, and we should even win, although we lost. Who knows, if we do it right., might even make the news ;-)

I hope to pull off an OOTS style fellowship for remembrance when the time comes. I think a Spring Game would suit him for that. Fighting Cock, Pickled Okra, Moldy Twinkies, and we should even win, although we lost. Who knows, if we do it right., might even make the news ;-)
Y3 - Ask your dad about my experience at the Florida game years ago (I think 2007) with Fighting Cock. I am sure he will remember my incident with gravel. That was when I met him for the first time.