Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OC choices

carolina_corpsman

Staff member
Fanatics Cash
So, at this point, I hope Satterfield is gone, if he’s not, beamer’s seat just got a little bit warm.

Who do you want to see as the next OC?

I would personally like to see someone that runs a spread offense, SC isn’t where it needs to be talent wise to run a pro style. If we atleast run a spread offense we make more athletic Defense have to cover the entire field. Preferably someone that won’t be a 1 or 2 year stint.

I want someone that can listen to message boards on the internet, that will do what the fans want when they want... 🙄 I'm sticking with Satterfield, some of you were so smart you begged clemson to keep Dabo, laughed at clemson for keeping thier staff intact and not firing them during the Spurrier years but yall keep on blowing things up when things are not going well in the middle of sports seasons and let me know how it works out as it seems to be doing us wonders over the last 50 years... if we had kept Spurrier or Fogler or Odom or Martin or Muschamp or Elliott or Skip but we traded them for greener grass... Let Beamer handle the football team, he knows more about handling a football team then all of you combined! 😉 Be a fan, pat a Gamecock on the back and let them know you got them, we are behind you and with you will go better than good luck your coach sucks, fire him. BRILLIANT!

I want someone that can listen to message boards on the internet, that will do what the fans want when they want... 🙄 I'm sticking with Satterfield, some of you were so smart you begged clemson to keep Dabo, laughed at clemson for keeping thier staff intact and not firing them during the Spurrier years but yall keep on blowing things up when things are not going well in the middle of sports seasons and let me know how it works out as it seems to be doing us wonders over the last 50 years... if we had kept Spurrier or Fogler or Odom or Martin or Muschamp or Elliott or Skip but we traded them for greener grass... Let Beamer handle the football team, he knows more about handling a football team then all of you combined! 😉 Be a fan, pat a Gamecock on the back and let them know you got them, we are behind you and with you will go better than good luck your coach sucks, fire him. BRILLIANT!
I understand your point, we can't keep making changes and expect to gain any footing. However, we have made great strides in Special Teams and Defense. There is one phase of the game in which we are not just failing to get better, we are regressing. I don't know if the answer is to fire the OC, or not, but I tend to believe he is the problem. Tennessee was a dumpster fire, and got Heupel, and in two years, they are leading the nation in offense. I don't have to lead the nation in offense, but if we were in the top 15, our record would look quite different. I do also feel that the pro style offense is completely wrong for our team.

Did we watch the same game? The offense is inept. We almost blew it against A&M, special teams and Defense were the only reason we were able to win.

Satterfield is not a proven OC that needs time, he’s called one good game, the bowl game, and yet where’s DK? Why isn’t bell getting those touches? Instead we’re in Information running a 180 pound rub up the gut for a loss, over, and over.

His offense is far too complicated and we can’t execute it, Rattler said as much in the press conference. In the age of a transfer portal you can’t expect top talent to spend 3 years learning a complicated system to play year 4. Kids want to show up and show out, we need an OC who can install a simple offense that relays on wrinkles and spreading people out to make plays, similar to the offense rattler came from.

I could probably take time away from taking care of the leaves on Saturdays and do it if called upon to do so.

They would just have to give me season tickets to CLA basketball.

That's not too much to ask for quality Gamecock offensive football in return, now is it?

Um....dabo did indeed fire coaches.

Did we watch the same game? The offense is inept. We almost blew it against A&M, special teams and Defense were the only reason we were able to win.

Satterfield is not a proven OC that needs time, he’s called one good game, the bowl game, and yet where’s DK? Why isn’t bell getting those touches? Instead we’re in Information running a 180 pound rub up the gut for a loss, over, and over.

His offense is far too complicated and we can’t execute it, Rattler said as much in the press conference. In the age of a transfer portal you can’t expect top talent to spend 3 years learning a complicated system to play year 4. Kids want to show up and show out, we need an OC who can install a simple offense that relays on wrinkles and spreading people out to make plays, similar to the offense rattler came from.
I watched it, I saw some missed wide open WR's and blocks, some runs that we have to make one person miss and didn't... A stupid fumble... A flat crowd that the cancer of fire a coach had already spread and that sickness was waiting to rear its head in a must win game, that is what I saw 👀 misery loves company! Down just 10 with a quarter to play we booed our team, we didn't cheer them on, we didn't put on Garnet glasses and clap for them to keep thier heads up we started a dumpster fire, hoorah! The next game is the most important, move on and evaluate at seasons end...

This offense is similar to the Riley run "pro raid" that has NFL features...

A new OC would likely bring his own staff in.

We have gotten 6 four-star offensive recruits in the 2023 and 2024 class in the last year. That's better than Muschamp did in 4 years. Would that be disrupted with a change in OC? Something to think about if Satt leaves on his own, too.

We have lost to #16, #1 and a team that almost beat #1. The Mizzou loss won't look so bad if they beat UK this week and play the Vols like they did UGA earlier in the season.

I don't disagree with the comments here, but I would rather wait and see what happens against Vandy on Saturday night.

Besides Billy Napier a carry over from his interim title after one year as interim OC, who?
I'm not a tater fan but I seem to remember Kevin Steele being fired as well as Napier. There may have been others as well.

Kevin Steele was fired. So was Napier and a RB coach at the same time as Napier. I think Napier was from Bowden era so not really sure that is a true Dabo assistant. I am not sold on Satterfield, but am OK to see how the offense plays out the rest of the season. Yes, we are not executing at times, but I also think that is partially the play calling. Where are some quick hitting slants in the passing game? I think that would help Rattler.

We almost blew it against A&M...
Jason Brown saved Satt's butt last year. And then the bowl game solidified Satt for one more season. Some of those games last season were horrific.

You get paid to produce and our OC is not producing.

It's business.

Jason Brown saved Satt's butt last year. And then the bowl game solidified Satt for one more season. Some of those games last season were horrific.

You get paid to produce and our OC is not producing.

It's business.
Exactly...college football today is all about putting points on the board. We were coming home Saturday from my sister-in-laws birthday party and was forced to listen to the game on the radio.

On our first possession Todd commented to Tommy that Rattler looked to the sidelines 6 times before snapping the ball. That's not a typo, 6 times.

On our first possession Todd commented to Tommy that Rattler looked to the sidelines 6 times before snapping the ball. That's not a typo, 6 times.
We have an OC that makes a guy like Rattler look like a bust? No way Rattler is as bad as he's played this season.

I will be surprised if Rattler: 1. Doesn't transfer 2. Doesn't have a noticeably better season wherever he goes.