Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The (not) too early coaching search thread

The more I think about it, I really don't want someone who is getting their first head coaching gig.  As someone on here mentioned a couple of days ago.  Give us someone who has head coaching and done more with less as we will probably never top the rankings in recruiting.  I would also like to see an offensive guy.  

My picks in order would be  Napier,  Freeze, Chadwell and Joe Brady. Of course, Brady is a pipe dream as he's in his first year with the Panthers here in Charlotte.

The next hire needs to be as follows  First call to Myer, then all others

1- Hugh Freeze

2- Lincoln Riley

3- Tony Elliott

4-Costal head coach

5 Billy Napier

6 FRANK Beamers son

7 call Myer again to make sure that he doesn't want the job .

8 go see Myer make him say no .  9 hire Napier last resort

I think Tony Elliott would be interesting.
I feel like him and Venebles would just use this opportunity to get a raise and f with us.

With that being said, we should totally do it....those taters are somehow in a budget crunch to the point where they're canceling sports. 

I feel like him and Venebles would just use this opportunity to get a raise and f with us.

With that being said, we should totally do it....those taters are somehow in a budget crunch to the point where they're canceling sports. 
Absolutely, put feelers out to their coaches and jack up the rent.

Absolutely, put feelers out to their coaches and jack up the rent.
Whoever the new coach is should pursue each one of their coaches and analysts just to jack up their spending.

All of 'em because FU Clemson.  Let's get diabolical.

Last edited by a moderator:
The next hire needs to be as follows  First call to Myer, then all others

1- Hugh Freeze

2- Lincoln Riley

3- Tony Elliott

4-Costal head coach

5 Billy Napier

6 FRANK Beamers son

7 call Myer again to make sure that he doesn't want the job .

8 go see Myer make him say no .  9 hire Napier last resort
I would rather have kept Muschamp than bring in Meyer. 

I'm just hoping that we don't try to cheap out with another unproven assistant or failed HC 

Mike Uva saying his source says that if USC reaches out to Freeze he will be very interested and would come at a much cheaper cost than expected. 

Mike Uva saying his source says that if USC reaches out to Freeze he will be very interested and would come at a much cheaper cost than expected. 
Offer him  fat performance based incentives...with minimal buyout

We've had three successive coaches who were older and "experienced" with two of them at least hall of famers.  It's just time to go with a younger guy with a lot of energy and offensive minded preferably.  My short list is Napier, Brady (he's only 31), Chadwell, Fickell, Tom Allen or Fleck.  I think the oldest guy on this list is Fickell at 46 or 47.  I know their is clamor around Freeze and I would get behind that hire, but something nags at me about Freeze.  We'd have a white hot spotlight on the program and not the good kind.  He would be watched like a hawk and every move scrutinized.  I am not sure our program needs or could withstand that.  I'd be happy with any of the six guys I listed.  Tom Allen is not leaving IU at this time.  He would be an after season hire and I still don't think he would leave IU.  They play OSU this Saturday and I think it will be competitive.  

Who knows what goes through the head of these coaches and what they may hold out for.  Very conceivable USCw, Tenn, Auburn, Michigan - all open up in the next couple years.  I even think Brian Kelly may leave Notre Dame on a high note, perhaps not this year, but can see it in the next couple years too.  Nick Saban is not getting any younger either.  

Hard to say if Freeze learned his lesson or not. If we hire him, we cannot act surprised if he gets us into hot water with the NCAA. I'm not predicting that, just sayin'.

Hard to say if Freeze learned his lesson or not. If we hire him, we cannot act surprised if he gets us into hot water with the NCAA. I'm not predicting that, just sayin'.
All the more reason to offer a low guaranteed base salary with emphasis on performance based bonuses that have an annulment clause if NCAA violations occur.

We wouldn't have to be total Richards about it as we could build in the potential for the bonuses to add up to a high end or even highest compensation of any SEC coach if the performance thresholds are met while keeping the program clean.

Win enough games first and even the media will give you a pass... See Clemson players testing positive to PED's.

I would think he and the University are well aware of that and would make it quite plain that no shenanigans would be tolerated as well as writing his contract to address any potential issues.  I doubt he's cheating at Liberty and look at what he's done with them.