Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should our response be if Russia invades Ukraine?

One lost vehicles while the other has cities leveled to the ground and over 3 million people relocated
Here is a map of the occupation forces and refugee movement.

Map-of-the-war-in-Ukraine-this-is-how-Russian.png

We see the optics of artillery shelling, missile attacks, and armored vehicles from the news reporting from the area, but what about supporting Russian infantry troops?

I honestly don't know what the numbers are for Russian basic infantry troops.

Also, taking a look at the map, the Russians will be at a huge disadvantage if they were to be flanked and cut off at Mariupol.

A missile that can carry thermonuclear warheads, evade antimissle defense systems and level city blocks is not a gamechanger like the cheap drones, I'm guessing the Ukrainians disagree
It has a conventional warhead smaller than our Tomahawks (which can also carry Nukes). It might take out a building, but not likely an entire city block (depending on what kind of buildings, size, etc).
It's a bigger threat to naval targets like a carrier and now our intel has info on it. It may be another Russian blunder.

Last edited:
Wow, that's incredible. Those are some serious losses for Russia.
As pointed out by one retired General, they don't know how to maintain their vehicles. A lot of these just broke down or got stuck in mud.

Hard to get one's head around how bad Putin has sh_t the bed with this.

Here's a cool video of the U.S. Navy's continuing force presence in the Mediterranean.

View: https://youtu.be/jtr3QeeQcZs

Here is a map of the occupation forces and refugee movement.

Map-of-the-war-in-Ukraine-this-is-how-Russian.png

We see the optics of artillery shelling, missile attacks, and armored vehicles from the news reporting from the area, but what about supporting Russian infantry troops?

I honestly don't know what the numbers are for Russian basic infantry troops.

Also, taking a look at the map, the Russians will be at a huge disadvantage if they were to be flanked and cut off at Mariupol.
It doesn't appear the Ukrainians have slowed them down to me, the Ukrainian president is on TV daily hollering for assistance not Russia and we all know if Russia wants they could blow Ukrainians to kingdom come but yeah let them out flank them 🙄

There are no NCOs in the Russian military probably out of fear of a military coup against Putin.

Not sure how the Russian army gets anything done without platoon leaders and tech sgts.

It has a conventional warhead smaller than our Tomahawks (which can also carry Nukes). It might take out a building, but not likely an entire city block (depending on what kind of buildings, size, etc).
It's a bigger threat to naval targets like a carrier and now our intel has info on it. It may be another Russian blunder.

If they were at war with us that would make a difference, they are not

Russian tabloids reported 10,000 dead Russian soldiers. But then took down the story.

If true that is a staggering number for just a few weeks.

Russian tabloids reported 10,000 dead Russian soldiers. But then took down the story.

If true that is a staggering number for just a few weeks.
Yes it is. The Russians have been pounding several cities for weeks now. This shelling reduces the buildings to rubble. When the Russians enter these cities the rubble makes excellent cover for defenders. In warfare city fighting is considered the absolute worst. The Russians will sustain further heavy casualties when they enter these cities.

The Russians will sustain further heavy casualties when they enter these cities.
Total incompetence. A lot of those are 1 year conscripts with limited combat skills.
And now reports of them having 3 days of supplies left.
One of the most incompetently stupid wars in history. Eff putin.

Russian supplies will last 'no more than three days': Putin's men are running out of food, ammunition and fuel, Ukraine says, as attacks on Mariupol fail and offensives elsewhere are 'largely stalled'

Total incompetence. A lot of those are 1 year conscripts with limited combat skills.

Russian supplies will last 'no more than three days': Putin's men are running out of food, ammunition and fuel, Ukraine says, as attacks on Mariupol fail and offensives elsewhere are 'largely stalled'
Yeah the average training in the Russian military is pretty poor. They have some well trained units but that seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

Their conscripts are poorly paid and beatings are common in the Russian military both of which are huge factors in having low morale. Did you get a chance to read what I posted about my experiences dealing with Russian soldiers during my time in Bosnia/Crotia?

Totally incompetently stupid war. There will be no winner in this war. If Russia somehow 'wins", whatever that means, then they will face decades of insurgency. If Ukraine wins, a lot of their cities and towns will have been turned to rubble. All over Putin's napoleon complex. Totally Stupid.

I can see the conflict grinding to a halt and being in a very bloody stalemate in the near future.

In the meantime, the millions of residents still left in the Ukraine will be starving to death.

It's just sad.

Totally incompetently stupid war. There will be no winner in this war. If Russia somehow 'wins", whatever that means, then they will face decades of insurgency. If Ukraine wins, a lot of their cities and towns will have been turned to rubble. All over Putin's napoleon complex. Totally Stupid.
Yep. I totally agree with you.