Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should our response be if Russia invades Ukraine?

Yes it is. The Russians have been pounding several cities for weeks now. This shelling reduces the buildings to rubble. When the Russians enter these cities the rubble makes excellent cover for defenders. In warfare city fighting is considered the absolute worst. The Russians will sustain further heavy casualties when they enter these cities.
It's almost like they forgot how bloody the Battle of Berlin was - and that was against 14-year olds and 60-year olds with panzershrecks.

Last edited:
Did you get a chance to read what I posted about my experiences dealing with Russian soldiers during my time in Bosnia/Crotia?
Yes....thanks. Abusing their soldiers is similar to what the Japanese did during WWII.
I've read that Putin is more of a product of Russian society......Ruskies going to be Ruskies.
They had their chance at a democracy 30 yrs ago and now look.
I wonder if history repeats for them....another revolution in the future?

It doesn't appear the Ukrainians have slowed them down to me, the Ukrainian president is on TV daily hollering for assistance not Russia and we all know if Russia wants they could blow Ukrainians to kingdom come but yeah let them out flank them 🙄
Then you're not paying attention. OF COURSE Putin isn't on TV "hollering for assistance," as he STARTED this thing - and doing so would show weakness and prove his plan has not gone well, two things a despot cannot afford. The longer it goes, the worse it is for him, and it has already gone far longer than he planned.

I'll defer to the experts....
Experts at what, what did the experts say when they took Crimea? 🤔 The expert said Ukraine could win this war, you believe that?
Then you're not paying attention. OF COURSE Putin isn't on TV "hollering for assistance," as he STARTED this thing - and doing so would show weakness and prove his plan has not gone well, two things a despot cannot afford. The longer it goes, the worse it is for him, and it has already gone far longer than he planned.
The longer it goes the worse it is for everyone mostly Ukrainians. You know what he planned? You think he thought he would already occupy Ukraine now?

Without close air support, an amphib assault would end in disaster. The Ukrainians have anti-ship missile regiments that are standing by and have fortified their beaches. They are also loaded with Stingers, drones, & those anti tank weapons.

I kinda hope the Russians try this just to see them get busted.

Experts at what, what did the experts say when they took Crimea? 🤔 The expert said Ukraine could win this war, you believe that?

The longer it goes the worse it is for everyone mostly Ukrainians. You know what he planned? You think he thought he would already occupy Ukraine now?
What experts? Even US intel thought the Russians would take Kyiv in about 3 days.

No one knew the Russians were this incompetent.

My fear is that this isn't a war that Putin can afford to lose...therefore, I fear further escalation. Ukraine will be even further devastated.

I don't think he planned on becoming a worldwide pariah. I don't think he planned on the resistance he has encountered or the 10,000 combat deaths he has incurred. I don't think he thought it would take this long, because if he did, his troops wouldn't be out of supply, constantly. I don't think he understood that Ukrainians wouldn't flock to his banner, they would do just the opposite. So yes, it is easy to infer on what he thought would happen based on his reaction/inaction to what has actually happened.

What experts? Even US intel thought the Russians would take Kyiv in about 3 days.

No one knew the Russians were this incompetent.
Not the US intell I know but ok the same folks that said, but we really don't know who said... anonymous intel officer or retired I'm not supposed to be talking about this or our sources tell us or the white house press sec? The same folks that called it a military exercise for months? Did those experts call Crimea? Gotta love experts on a war that hasn't happened yet, especially ones that have so spot on in the past, Afghan, Iraq, Syria, Crimea...

I don't think he planned on becoming a worldwide pariah. I don't think he planned on the resistance he has encountered or the 10,000 combat deaths he has incurred. I don't think he thought it would take this long, because if he did, his troops wouldn't be out of supply, constantly. I don't think he understood that Ukrainians wouldn't flock to his banner, they would do just the opposite. So yes, it is easy to infer on what he thought would happen based on his reaction/inaction to what has actually happened.
...also don't think he thought the sanctions and other backlash would be this severe. Epic eff-up.

Not the US intell I know but ok the same folks that said, but we really don't know who said... anonymous intel officer or retired I'm not supposed to be talking about this or our sources tell us or the white house press sec? The same folks that called it a military exercise for months? Did those experts call Crimea? Gotta love experts on a war that hasn't happened yet, especially ones that have so spot on in the past, Afghan, Iraq, Syria, Crimea...
Who called a military exercise? You got any sources?

Do you not think he was a pariah before this? Weird how we believe Russia and UK reports/sources now as well as Ukrainian but ok, you think this is the same journalist that saw Trump get peed on or helped Trump interfere with the election... Is it possible some of Ukraine is pro Russia and just taking American Money and weapons, no country has ever done that before with propaganda...
It is never easy to infer what a psychotic, ego maniacal, psychotic individual is thinking, was thinking based on anything, kind of like knowing what is going on in a crazy mindless war based on reports from people who have no clue, have agendas and have no problem stretching the story/truth to sell an agenda or get more viewers.

Do you not think he was a pariah before this? Weird how we believe Russia and UK reports/sources now as well as Ukrainian but ok, you think this is the same journalist that saw Trump get peed on or helped Trump interfere with the election... Is it possible some of Ukraine is pro Russia and just taking American Money and weapons, no country has ever done that before with propaganda...
It is never easy to infer what a psychotic, ego maniacal, psychotic individual is thinking, was thinking based on anything, kind of like knowing what is going on in a crazy mindless war based on reports from people who have no clue, have agendas and have no problem stretching the story/truth to sell an agenda or get more viewers.
No, we was disliked and distrusted. If you don't think invading another sovereign nation ups that ante, I don't really know what else to say. And your distrust of all media is your call, but it's not reality. There is incredibly good reporting going on right now but a ton of folks.

Who called a military exercise? You got any sources?
Google Russian military exercises on Ukrainian Border, you will get stories from April 2014 and Jan 2022, let me know CBS, CNN. Russia and Belarus held joint military exercises in January based on rising tensions in Ukraine... They were called military exercises until it was an invasion...

Google Russian military exercises on Ukrainian Border,
Here's some facts.

From March to April 2021, Russia commenced a major military build-up near the Russo-Ukrainian border. It was followed by a second build-up between October 2021 to February 2022 in both Russia and Belarus.[122] During these developments, the Russian government repeatedly denied it had plans to invade or attack Ukraine;[47][123] those who issued the denials included government spokesman Dmitry Peskov in 28 November 2021, Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov in 19 January 2022,[46] Russian ambassador to the US Anatoly Antonov on 20 February 2022,[47] and Russian ambassador to the Czech Republic Alexander Zmeevsky on 23 February 2022.[48]

In early December 2021, following Russian denials, the US released intelligence of Russian invasion plans, including satellite photographs showing Russian troops and equipment near the Russo-Ukrainian border.[124] The intelligence reported the existence of a Russian list of key sites and individuals to be killed or neutralised upon invasion.[125] The US continued to release reports that accurately predicted the invasion plans.[125]