Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should our response be if Russia invades Ukraine?

what? Who ‘most’ people have said Ukraine has won this war?

They repelled the Russians from Kiev, won the battle. But the war is far from over. Not sure what your sources are, but most that I read are saying the war is expected to intensify as Russia refocuses on eastern Ukraine.

Please explain your statement.
I think he was using sarcasm about some of the postings on here saying Ukraine is kicking Russia's Ass and will win this. This thing is far from over if Russia continues, which they are showing no sign of stopping. They do not like the US influence on their doorstep and will continue to try and break the Ukrainian spirit. I read today we have given 1/3 of our Javelin missiles and 1/4 of our stinger missiles to Ukraine and the replenishment window for these arms is a minimum of 5 years for us. That is a chunk of weaponry we cannot quickly replace. Might want to up your holdings in Lockheed Martin and Raytheon :)

Next front in the war?

Most likely a move to counter a possible missile strike to take him out than a foreboding of a land invasion.

An unconfirmed video uploaded last night appears to show two Russian coastal defence missile systems moving along a road on the Russian side of the border that leads to Helsinki.

The missile systems are thought to be the K-300P Bastion-P mobile coastal defence system, designed to take out surface ships up to and including aircraft carrier battle groups.

Tallinn, on the coast of Estonia (where Maik Kotsar is from), is @ 546 miles from Moscow. That's just measuring the direct distance rather than over actual roads.

Moscow is 401 miles from Kharkiv directly.

I heard someone on a news show in the early stages of the conflict say Putin was paranoid about Ukraine becoming part of NATO and putting him in missile range for a strike that would take him out.

Last edited:
Stay tuned.....epic event in the making. :oops:

1080.jpg

what? Who ‘most’ people have said Ukraine has won this war?

They repelled the Russians from Kiev, won the battle. But the war is far from over. Not sure what your sources are, but most that I read are saying the war is expected to intensify as Russia refocuses on eastern Ukraine.

Please explain your statement.
... starting around mid day April 4th the media and posts in this thread started talking about how Ukraine is winning this war to April 6th the perception was built and Putin will be removed... Dangerous game that will cost many Ukrainian lives and could swell into WW3, our president has thrown those words around with his administration having to circle back several times.

How do you see this ending? Do you think Ukraine can win, do you think it is smart to continue to publicly arm Ukraine with Putin walking around with a nuclear football or no need to be scared he is not crazy enough to use it so just keep sending military weapons to his enemy and hope for the best while publicly shaming him, BRILLIANT

... starting around mid day April 4th the media and posts in this thread started talking about how Ukraine is winning this war to April 6th the perception was built and Putin will be removed... Dangerous game that will cost many Ukrainian lives and could swell into WW3, our president has thrown those words around with his administration having to circle back several times.

How do you see this ending? Do you think Ukraine can win, do you think it is smart to continue to publicly arm Ukraine with Putin walking around with a nuclear football or no need to be scared he is not crazy enough to use it so just keep sending military weapons to his enemy and hope for the best while publicly shaming him, BRILLIANT
So we should let him take Ukraine? How about Latvia, Estonia? Finland? Poland? Let him take whatever he wants?

Do you think Ukraine can win, do you think it is smart to continue to publicly arm Ukraine with Putin walking around with a nuclear football or no need to be scared he is not crazy enough to use it so just keep sending military weapons to his enemy and hope for the best while publicly shaming him, BRILLIANT
Something like that...stand up to a bully and then beat their azz.
Or maybe you're living in fear?

So we should let him take Ukraine? How about Latvia, Estonia? Finland? Poland? Let him take whatever he wants?
I will ask again, what is the plan big guy? If he attacks us 🇺🇸 things change but politics has always told us diplomacy was the best way and now we are picking sides and creating enemies, giving away our weapons cache publicly...BRILLIANT Are we drawing lines in the sand, if he does attack them we starting WW3, you good with that? Right is right and I want to stand up for what is right but at what cost, the world as we know it...

Something like that...stand up to a bully and then beat their azz.
Or maybe you're living in fear?
Yeah, I lived in Iraq for 4 years, Afg for 3 years, Kuwait for 2 years... I live in fear, you got me.
Been places I can't talk about as I lived in fear and I was just a contractor.
So if the bully starts killing people while you talk shit trying to get to him to beat his azz big guy, you just going to have no fear for those dead people and keep going?
You are the tough guy, we just need to send you to kill Putin and take thar nuclear football, problem solved, too easy, hoowah... wow just wow!

Yeah, I lived in Iraq for 4 years, Afg for 3 years, Kuwait for 2 years... I live in fear, you got me.
So if the bully starts killing people while you talk shit trying to get to him to beat his azz big guy, you just going to have no fear for those dead people and keep going?
You are the tough guy, we just need to send you to kill Putin and take thar nuclear football, problem solved, too easy, hoowah... wow just wow!
If you're such a tough guy....why get your feathers so ruffled? Something seems amiss....

If you're such a tough guy....why get your feathers so ruffled? Something seems amiss....
You are the guy that is going to beat Putin's azz, what is amiss tough guy, don't mince your words, spit it out... You go from kicking Putin's azz to questioning my toughness lol, I never claimed to be tough, that was you when you insinuated I live in fear and if we look at posts it is your feathers that are ruffled...

Interesting interview with long time world #1 chess player, Russian, and outspoken Putin critic Garry Kasparov.

Starts at 27:30 in the podcast.

The crew of the Moskva, the flagship of the Black Sea Fleet, was severely damaged and the crew abandoned ship, the Russian Defense Ministry told TASS.

A fire broke out on the ship, causing ammunition to detonate, according to TASS. State media did not elaborate on the cause of the fire.

Russia is surrounded by several bodies of water, but they are mainly inland seas with narrow passages that eventually lead to the Atlantic Ocean.

During WW2, merchant ships were only able to reach Russia by running the German U-boat gauntlet in the North Atlantic and the Norwegian Sea before reaching the port of Murmansk. Even then, Murmansk is one of the coldest ports in the world.

It would be pretty easy to counter-blockade the Russian Navy to keep it out of the Atlantic, if it comes down to that. The same goes for inbound merchant ships as well.

That took a lot of courage and your viewpoints do indeed matter in this discussion.

You are the guy that is going to beat Putin's azz, what is amiss tough guy, don't mince your words, spit it out... You go from kicking Putin's azz to questioning my toughness lol, I never claimed to be tough, that was you when you insinuated I live in fear and if we look at posts it is your feathers that are ruffled...
...and you're the guy that called me "little man". Enjoy your keyboard rant.