Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should our response be if Russia invades Ukraine?

I'm reading that Russia is resorting to pulling out 1950s-era battle tanks (T-55s) from storage and shipping them to the battlefronts. Those things are iron coffins against modern weaponry today.....
Yeah I seen that report as well. Crazy.

I'm reading that Russia is resorting to pulling out 1950s-era battle tanks (T-55s) from storage and shipping them to the battlefronts. Those things are iron coffins against modern weaponry today.....
Supposedly these are being used because the Russians don't have the optics/electronics to fix their more modern tanks.

Kinda doesn't make much difference if you have thousands of convicts and conscripts to use to try and wear down the Ukrainians.

The prevailing winds in that part of the world blow to the east toward Russia most of the year.

Any possible nuclear fallout would end up in Moscow eventually.

You can't fix stupid, I guess.

It was only a matter of time. This could explain some of what's going on in Ukraine right now & why Russia seems desperate to find some kind of victory.

Russia’s Economy Is Starting to Come Undone
Investment is down, labor is scarce, budget is squeezed. Oligarch: ‘There will be no money next year’. “Russia’s economy is entering a long-term regression,”

WSJ paywalled site, but the headlines are sufficient.

The prevailing winds in that part of the world blow to the east toward Russia most of the year.

Any possible nuclear fallout would end up in Moscow eventually.

You can't fix stupid, I guess.
With the range of today's missiles putting nukes in Belarus seems to be a bit of a moot point. I guess it makes for good headlines though.

If the United States really started helping Ukraine, it would be over for Russia.
Iraq had the best of the best Russian military equipment. And we defeated it in 42 days during Desert Storm.
As long as we keep providing weapons, Ukraine will continue to hold off the far larger Russian front.
I really don't see the status over there changing much this year. Look how long Russia stayed in Afghanistan.10 years.
Undercover, we helped Afghanistan back then to block the Russians.
Putin was still in the KGB then and I bet he really knew how much the CIA was helping.
I just don't see the Ukraine conflict ending soon.

I really don't see the status over there changing much this year.
You can only conduct armored offensives part of the year. No use in going on the offensive if all your spiffy western armor gets stuck in mud and destroyed.

Wait until all the mud dries up (6-8 weeks).

EDIT:
I did see a sobering assessment tonight about the state of the UA/ZSU. The Ukrainians have lost some of their best people. They are also starting over with lots of green war fighters, while the RA has adapted and gotten better in some areas. A UA/ZSU counteroffensive may not be as successful as those last year in Kharviv & Kherson. 😟

Last edited:

Tatarsky, whose real name was Maxim Fomin, had more than 560,000 followers on Telegram and was one of the most prominent of the influential military bloggers who have championed Russia's war effort in Ukraine while often criticizing the failures of the army top brass.

"We'll defeat everyone, we'll kill everyone, we'll rob everyone we need to. Everything will be as we like it," he was shown saying in a video clip last September at a Kremlin ceremony where President Vladimir Putin claimed four occupied regions of Ukraine as Russian territory — a move rejected as illegal by most countries.

Was it a Ukrainian attack or a hit by Russian military brass who were tired of being criticized by him?

Only the Russian military would have known he was getting an award in St. Petersburg.