Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should our response be if Russia invades Ukraine?

Treason?

Send him to the Eastern Front.

R.61c0c246987eed96efa3e79213b03b73

Oh, wait...derp.

Garry Kasparov is the former Chess World Champion and Russian Critic of Putin.

Garry Kasparov has said that Ukraine winning the war Moscow started will lead to the collapse of Vladimir Putin's regime and usher in a new start for Russia.

"I'm pretty sure that within the next five years, Russia will end up smaller," he told Newsweek. Describing the war in Ukraine as a "genocide," the consequences of which "will be with us for decades," he said that Russian territories such as the republics of Tatarstan, Bashkortostan and Chechnya "very likely will walk away."

"Clearly the Russian empire must cease to exist. The question is whether the free world will work out a policy that will help other forces in Russia to preserve the chunk of territories that are Russian by majority and reform the state to become a future ally of the Euro Atlantic civilization—or will it be totally out of control?"

This is why he believes Ukraine should be given all the weapons it needs to win because that would end Putin's regime "at a time where we still have some staples of the Russian governing mechanism that could be brought into a new system of governance." He envisages Russia as a parliamentary republic or loose federation, "but we have to start from scratch."

Garry Kasparov is the former Chess World Champion and Russian Critic of Putin.

Garry Kasparov has said that Ukraine winning the war Moscow started will lead to the collapse of Vladimir Putin's regime and usher in a new start for Russia.

"I'm pretty sure that within the next five years, Russia will end up smaller," he told Newsweek. Describing the war in Ukraine as a "genocide," the consequences of which "will be with us for decades," he said that Russian territories such as the republics of Tatarstan, Bashkortostan and Chechnya "very likely will walk away."

"Clearly the Russian empire must cease to exist. The question is whether the free world will work out a policy that will help other forces in Russia to preserve the chunk of territories that are Russian by majority and reform the state to become a future ally of the Euro Atlantic civilization—or will it be totally out of control?"

This is why he believes Ukraine should be given all the weapons it needs to win because that would end Putin's regime "at a time where we still have some staples of the Russian governing mechanism that could be brought into a new system of governance." He envisages Russia as a parliamentary republic or loose federation, "but we have to start from scratch."
I hope he's right.

Ukraine has lost Bakhmut and this is just propaganda...

They lose Bakhmut and we pledge another 350-400 million dollars as well as agree to start training them to fly the F16... What could go wrong, I thought this would be over quick... 🤔 TOLD YOU SO!! Russia, Russia collusion was a hoax, the Hunter laptop was not a hoax...
Putin thought it would be over quick as well. How's that going for him?

Recent months have seen fierce fighting in Bakhmut’s urban center. But even now, Ukrainian forces are making significant advances near strategic roads through surrounding countryside, chipping away at Russia’s northern and southern flanks with the aim of encircling Wagner fighters inside the city.

With those high plains now under Ukrainian control, its forces have more breathing room.

“This will help us design new logistic chains to deliver ammunition in and evacuate the injured or killed boys,” said Deiak, speaking from inside Bakhmut on Thursday, two days before Russia claimed control of the city. “Now it is easier to deliver supplies, rotate troops, (carry out) evacuations.”

Russia's recent gains will be reversed within a month.

The war will still continue to be in bloody stalemate throughout the summer.

Putin thought it would be over quick as well. How's that going for him?
Well he has his Ukrainian territory and we get weaker by the day, you tell me... I'm sure none of the almost trillions are making it to Putin but how would we know. I'm sure Zelensky is not an actor and is honest, no way is he playing both sides, I mean no one has ever called Ukraine corrupt. 🤔 During Euromaiden back in 2013 when everyone thought Ukraine was joining the EU... well look it up, I've been wrong 🙃 about everything...

Well he has his Ukrainian territory and we get weaker by the day, you tell me... I'm sure none of the almost trillions are making it to Putin but how would we know. I'm sure Zelensky is not an actor and is honest, no way is he playing both sides, I mean no one has ever called Ukraine corrupt. 🤔 During Euromaiden back in 2013 when everyone thought Ukraine was joining the EU... well look it up, I've been wrong 🙃 about everything...
So are you for or against helping Ukraine?

So are you for or against helping Ukraine?
Why didn't we "help" Ukraine in 2014? Were you for "helping" Afghanistan? Iraq? Kuwait?

I'm all for assisting but rules have to be set, a bugdet would be nice, some oversight of over a TRILLION dollars would be nice... The arrogance of Zelensky to state he will not negotiate as he begs for money and watches his countrymen diie doesn't bother you?
The propaganda we have seen that has led some to believe Ukraine is winning this war and it will be over quickly doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth? The coincidence of corruption 🤔 to politics before blowing this country to rocks and sending them trillions doesn't give you pause, we know who paid for the Russia, Russia... but hey it will be over quick...we will not send offensive weapons...we will not send jets....we will not put boots on ground...we are not a mistake away from WWIII the longer it lasts and I'm sure the environmental damage from the nuclear power plant will be minimal...

The propaganda we have seen that has led some to believe Ukraine is winning this war and it will be over quickly doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth?
What propoganda that Ukraine is winning and the war will be over quickly have you seen? Pretty much all reporting I have seen are saying it is a long war with currently neither side wining. the only propoganda I have seen claiming it will be a short war was from the Kremlin at the start of the war.

Russian 'separatist groups' conducting ofensive operations around Belgorod, Russia. Ukraine claims they are all Russians conducing these operations, though it is suspected they are least coordainted, and possibly armed by Ukraine.

I suspsect this is a diversion tactic to draw Russian resources to defend their homeland, while Ukraine preps for a counteroffensive

Why didn't we "help" Ukraine in 2014? Were you for "helping" Afghanistan? Iraq? Kuwait?

I'm all for assisting but rules have to be set, a bugdet would be nice, some oversight of over a TRILLION dollars would be nice... The arrogance of Zelensky to state he will not negotiate as he begs for money and watches his countrymen diie doesn't bother you?
The propaganda we have seen that has led some to believe Ukraine is winning this war and it will be over quickly doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth? The coincidence of corruption 🤔 to politics before blowing this country to rocks and sending them trillions doesn't give you pause, we know who paid for the Russia, Russia... but hey it will be over quick...we will not send offensive weapons...we will not send jets....we will not put boots on ground...we are not a mistake away from WWIII the longer it lasts and I'm sure the environmental damage from the nuclear power plant will be minimal...
I'm generally opposed to getting involved in foreign entanglements. I do however believe that if Russia conquers Ukraine they won't be content to stop there so yes, I would rather see Ukraine fight them (with our help) than us fighting them.

In the past, Putin has said the West always makes accusations towards the RF, but never can provide proof to back the accusations up. This was before the Ukraine war.

Cutting off supplies and letting the Wagner mercenaries get wiped out is Putin's way of eliminating the Russian witnesses to the war crimes that have been committed.

Then when they come back home, if they make it out alive, those who complain or have complained will be charged with treason and either executed or imprisoned.

I expect Prigozhin, the leader of the Wagner Group, to fall out of a window around the same time as well.

Then liquidate/eliminate their bank accounts and the sanitization is complete, just like in every mobster movie ever.