Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should our response be if Russia invades Ukraine?

Guys - This is not the viewpoint forums. That went away. Remember no politics on this forum.

This thread is skirting it a bit, but I think it's important to discuss. And so far, most discussions have been civil and not dveling into
but Biden, but Trump[, etc. Let's keep it to the war, and not get into nit picky nonsense about Trump or Biden or whatever politician.

The Western Civilization class I took at Carolina was one of my favorites. There is a lot of history in this part of the world.

There are plenty of discussions that can be had along those lines as well.

UKRs are now retaking some lost ground. I can only hope this doesn't go back and forth.

Interesting pic from Twitter. Seems some RU units are out of fuel & food and blocked from re-supply.

There are also reports starting to surface that some Russian soldiers are suffering from frostbite. They have totally botched this operation from a logistical standpoint.

No, we was disliked and distrusted. If you don't think invading another sovereign nation ups that ante, I don't really know what else to say. And your distrust of all media is your call, but it's not reality. There is incredibly good reporting going on right now but a ton of folks.
Had he not already invaded this country once before, so this invasion is worse than the first? I don't distrust media, I distrust reports and rumors as well as opinion reported as fact... all of the aforementioned discussions were assumptions or opinions. The report from UK intel or the assumption he didn't perceive a long war, any sanctions, any defiance from Ukraine...

I hope the reports are true but I feel they will lead to the use of more extreme weapons as he can't afford to lose and will become more unhinged the longer this continues.

And the massing of troops on the border 11 months before the invasion? This was no secret.
So they were saying they would invade 11 months before it happened or they were calling them military exercises? The Wikipedia shared on this forum states this started in 2014, so maybe war experts in 2013 didn't call them military exercises before the invasion...

No you don't. You just need to listen to people whose job it is (or has been) to be that expert.
Ok, some experts disagree, war experts remind me of mask experts... 😷 War is hell and the fact a leader went to war makes them unpredictable. Lets listen to what experts think a man, who hasn't sat within 40 ft of another human in public in years is thinking, since it is thier job it must be right and beyond reproach

So they were saying they would invade 11 months before it happened or they were calling them military exercises? The Wikipedia shared on this forum states this started in 2014, so maybe war experts in 2013 didn't call them military exercises before the invasion...
Who is they?

The Russians started massing troops on the border with Ukraine in March '21. Russia annexed the Crimea in 2014 and has been supporting Russian separatists in Ukraine for years. This is information that is easy to find without questioning "media" or "experts" with political agendas.

Who is they?

The Russians started massing troops on the border with Ukraine in March '21. Russia annexed the Crimea in 2014 and has been supporting Russian separatists in Ukraine for years. This is information that is easy to find without questioning "media" or "experts" with political agendas.
Russia invaded Ukraine in 2014, the experts call it annexing, semantics. Maybe they are annexing the rest of Ukraine now. Russians started military exercises on the border with Belarus in late 2021, "they", the experts had a name for it and believed it was due to the unrest in Ukraine, not a peep about an invasion!

Russia invaded Ukraine in 2014, the experts call it annexing, semantics. Maybe they are annexing the rest of Ukraine now. Russians started military exercises on the border with Belarus in late 2021, "they", the experts had a name for it and believed it was due to the unrest in Ukraine, not a peep about an invasion!
Who are the experts? I've heard it's also experts that claim the earth is flat and that we never landed on the moon.

I have been reading your posts in this thread. And honestly, I am not sure what kind of point you are trying to argue....

I have been reading your posts in this thread. And honestly, I am not sure what kind of point you are trying to argue....
This is an information war, did we not invade a sovereign country and occupy it for how long, more than once? Would the UK and our government 🤔 not want all citizens to hear how bad the Russians are treating soldiers, how terrible Russia is killing civilians, how the Russians are incompetent? Did the Ukranian president threaten Russia with military force that he would take back Crimea? Did NATO have "military exercises" around the Russian border leading up to the invasion? I'm not arguing, I'm asking questions concerning the reports and intel being posted, trying to make sense out of a senseless act of aggression and hoping it ends peacefully!