Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should our response be if Russia invades Ukraine?

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky announced Tuesday on Telegram that Viktor Medvedchuk, a pro-Russian Ukrainian politician and oligarch, had been detained in a "special operation."

Zelensky posted a photo of a handcuffed and disheveled-looking Medvedchuk wearing fatigues, with the caption, "A special operation was carried out thanks to the SBU [the Security Service of Ukraine]. Well done! Details later."

Really? Haven't we been telling the rest of the world exactly what Putin has been up to and it becomes fact?
I have no doubt the CIA is heavily involved from an intel stand point. As far as operatives on the ground in Ukraine....that's what I was asking about.
I'm just curious but as we are not at war, what have we told the rest of the world that became fact besides the invasion?

I'm just curious but as we are not at war, what have we told the rest of the world that became fact besides the invasion?
We're in a cold war....but not a hot war. The US is only one of many nations in all of this.

Well Russia is now sending mercenaries into Ukraine as their losses mount. This is yet another tactical blunder on their part. The training of these mercenaries is probably minimal and they are used to attacking unarmed populations more so than attacking a well trained and well armed military force that Ukraine is deploying that's also steeled with a hatred of Russia and this invasion.

There are already documented problems with Russian communications and now they're going to add language barriers to the mix. Also I don't know what these mercenaries have been promised but the Russians can't even seem to supply their own forces yet alone mercenaries.

A couple of days of not getting food and or water and supplies could even turn mercenaries against Russia if they feel they are being slighted concerning food and war supplies. This is also goig to cost the Russians much more money than paying their mostly conscript Army. This is just more evidence of what a colossal failure this has been.

It's hard to imagine a scenario where pulling in mercs is viewed as a positive situation for Russia?

Seems you want Russia to prevail. Getting frustrated?
Seems you are a little man that has never been on a battlefield, sat in a SCIF or Command Center but hey play risk or battleship in the media while Putin walks around with a nuclear football, are you that stupid that you think Ukraine can win this and Putin will be arrested? We will arrest Kim Jong next and then win the war on drugs... wow just wow! I'm out, I hope and 🙏 😌 your right! Keep that Southern border open while arming revolutionary army's as that has never come back to bite us in the ass!

No way, according to most Ukraine has already won this war and Russia has exhausted its...
what? Who ‘most’ people have said Ukraine has won this war?

They repelled the Russians from Kiev, won the battle. But the war is far from over. Not sure what your sources are, but most that I read are saying the war is expected to intensify as Russia refocuses on eastern Ukraine.

Please explain your statement.