Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should our response be if Russia invades Ukraine?

Not at all but we need to open communications, start diplomacy. I didn't think we should let them have Crimea but the pecedent was set then... We should not corner someone with nukes and just wait to call thier bluff or continue to watch innocent lives die without some sort of compromise, treaty, peace accord...diplomacy! I don't see any other way, well I can see other ways but all are very high risk.
Ok but history has shown us that dictators/despots will generally agree to just about anything only to renege at a later date and start the entire process over in a different area.

Ok but history has shown us that dictators/despots will generally agree to just about anything only to renege at a later date and start the entire process over in a different area.
So you asked and I answered, what is your answer?
History also shows that diplomacy is the only way to end a war, you plan to fight forever? You think Ukraine will wipe out Russia, would you be ok with this. You believe all Russians are bad and all Ukrainians are good? You think it is black and white, good and bad with no exceptions, kill em all and let God sort it out?

So you asked and I answered, what is your answer?
History also shows that diplomacy is the only way to end a war, you plan to fight forever? You think Ukraine will wipe out Russia, would you be ok with this. You believe all Russians are bad and all Ukrainians are good? You think it is black and white, good and bad with no exceptions, kill em all and let God sort it out?
I believe Ukraine has the right to fight for their freedom/independence. I don't believe that Russia has the right to impose their will on them or any other sovereign nation.

Wars typically end when one side decides they have incurred enough casualties and or enough damage that it's not worth or they're not capable of continuing.

I wouldn't trust any agreement Putin makes, he's former KGB and is ruthless.

Reports are out there the Putin is trying to talk Belarus into joing the war and opening a 2nd front.
That's a tough front....the RA has already been beaten coming in from the N & took huge losses.
There are questions as to what exactly is going on with this. :confused:

I believe Ukraine has the right to fight for their freedom/independence. I don't believe that Russia has the right to impose their will on them or any other sovereign nation.

Wars typically end when one side decides they have incurred enough casualties and or enough damage that it's not worth or they're not capable of continuing.

I wouldn't trust any agreement Putin makes, he's former KGB and is ruthless.
I agree with all you said! I've been around bullies I wouldn't trust but this didn't stop me from having talks with them, in fact keeping your enemies close if they allow just makes sense.
If he becomes ruthless, so do I, I think the chances are better he doesn't if some diplomacy is afforded before that... At a minimum I offer for a response...

If you're Belarus why would you expect to fare better on the battlefield than Russia has to this point?
The roads are heavily defended/fortified + muddy areas elsewhere. They have to know the Ukrainians know how to bust their chops.

Girl What GIF by MOODMAN

I agree with all you said! I've been around bullies I wouldn't trust but this didn't stop me from having talks with them, in fact keeping your enemies close if they allow just makes sense.
If he becomes ruthless, so do I, I think the chances are better he doesn't if some diplomacy is afforded before that... At a minimum I offer for a response...
I would imagine there is diplomacy going on behind the scenes.

The roads are heavily defended/fortified + muddy areas elsewhere. They have to know the Ukrainians know how to bust their chops.

Girl What GIF by MOODMAN
Exactly, I would think Belarus's military is worse than Russia's (and that's been bad) in every measurable way.

Hasn’t rumors of Belarus been around for quite a while? Almost seems like propaganda to force reactions before the fact…an army defending their homeland is a terrible thing to pick a fight with

Hasn’t rumors of Belarus been around for quite a while? Almost seems like propaganda to force reactions before the fact…an army defending their homeland is a terrible thing to pick a fight with
Now that you mention it I believe you're correct.

Reactions: STS
I think Zelensky coming here was for one reason and that is to increase our involvement not just in $$$$.