Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should our response be if Russia invades Ukraine?

The Cuban Revolutionary Armed Forces said last week that the Russian missile frigate Admiral Gorshkov, the nuclear submarine Kazan, the oil tanker Pashin and the salvage tug Nikolai Chiker will arrive on June 12 and stay for a week.

Users of the website marinetraffic.com have been tracking the position of the U.S. and Russian ships in recent days. According to the website, the Russian sea rescue tug Nikolay Chiker was positioned 26 nautical miles from Key Largo on Tuesday morning.

Welcome to Cold War 2.0.

Let’s hope that is all it is. I don’t think sending rockets into Russia was a smart move. We were sold the line that it would only be to defend themselves. Wag the dog

Let’s hope that is all it is. I don’t think sending rockets into Russia was a smart move. We were sold the line that it would only be to defend themselves. Wag the dog
Why is it Ok for Russia to rain down rockets on Ukraine but Ukraine can't rain down rockets on Russia?

Why is it Ok for Russia to rain down rockets on Ukraine but Ukraine can't rain down rockets on Russia?
Why are we giving them rockets to rain down on Russia in a losing battle? We were to provide arms for defense now we are providing rockets for offensive strikes and now we seem to want to provoke Russia with more talks of NATO for Ukraine. It seems that we want this conflict not that we are trying to defend Ukraine. Makes no sense whatsoever. I've learned in life when thinks don't make sense follow the money.

Why are we giving them rockets to rain down on Russia in a losing battle? We were to provide arms for defense now we are providing rockets for offensive strikes and now we seem to want to provoke Russia with more talks of NATO for Ukraine. It seems that we want this conflict not that we are trying to defend Ukraine. Makes no sense whatsoever. I've learned in life when thinks don't make sense follow the money.
The best defense is a good offense. And I disagree that this is a losing battle, Ukraine doesn't have to defeat Russia in the conventional sense. They just have to make Russia withdraw from their country.

Ukraine should be hitting any legitimate targets they can hit. Military bases, naval shipyards, oil facilities, rail facilities etc.

It seems to me that the overall logic is to let the Ukrainians kill Russian military assets and personnel that would otherwise be used in a conquest of Eastern Europe in a restoration of the former Soviet Union under a different name.

The best defense is a good offense. And I disagree that this is a losing battle, Ukraine doesn't have to defeat Russia in the conventional sense. They just have to make Russia withdraw from their country.

Ukraine should be hitting any legitimate targets they can hit. Military bases, naval shipyards, oil facilities, rail facilities etc.
I hope you are right, but I do not see Russia withdrawing. At this point is would be seen as weak. US providing rockets to attack Russia proper is only going to allow Putin to sell the idea that having NATO on their border is bad for Russia. I do not like that we are becoming more involved bit by bit and hope we don't put boots on the ground, but so far we have done well beyond what we originally stated and things seem to be escalating.

Last edited:
I hope you are right, but I do not see Russia withdrawing. At this point is would be seen as weak. US providing rockets to attack Russia proper is only going to allow Putin to sell the idea that having NATO on their border is bad for Russia. I do not like that we are becoming more involved bit by bit and hope we don't put boots on the ground, but so far we have done well beyond what we originally stated and things seem to be escalating.
The Russians withdrew from Afghanistan when the cost became too high. The main reason for this was the US supplying shoulder fired Stinger missiles.

The Afghans were knocking down Russian helicopters like crazy with Stingers. Let me ask you this, if Ukraine capitulates do you believe that Putin will stop there?

Wow if we were to read the beginning of this thread I kept saying...
So we sent Billions if dollars to hype up Ukraine beating Russia for Biden to tell you we could have nuclear Armageddon... I hate saying I told you so but diplomacy is the only answer unless you want to see Ukraine obliterated and a nuclear war!

But I was told if we keep sending money the war would be over soon and Ukraine would win...

The Russians withdrew from Afghanistan when the cost became too high. The main reason for this was the US supplying shoulder fired Stinger missiles.

The Afghans were knocking down Russian helicopters like crazy with Stingers. Let me ask you this, if Ukraine capitulates do you believe that Putin will stop there?
So if Russia publicly trained and provided, you pick the country, to rain missiles down on the US would you think that an act of war by Russia?

Do you really think Afghanistan and Ukraine compare...

It's easy, just get them to leave the country and give up all that US tax payer funding...

Last edited:
So if Russia publicly trained and provided, you pick the country, to rain missiles down on the US would you think that an act of war by Russia?

Do you really think Afghanistan and Ukraine compare...

It's easy, just get them to leave the country and give up all that US tax payer funding...
The Russians invaded both countries. When the cost became too high for the rewards they left Afghanistan. When the cost for trying to subdue Ukraine becomes too high they will leave Ukraine.

It's not quite that simple.

"Russia training and supplying arms to Mexico to bomb the US" is very different from the "US invades Mexico for no reason, and then Russia provides arms and training to hep Mexico defend itself."

Last edited:

“I don't think people really understand just kind of how deadly serious it is what we're doing and how under threat the ships continue to be,” Cmdr. Eric Blomberg with the USS Laboon told the AP on a visit to his warship on the Red Sea.

“We only have to get it wrong once," he said. "The Houthis just have to get one through.”

Seconds to act

The pace of the fire can be seen on the Arleigh Burke-class destroyer, where the paint around the hatches of its missile pods has been burned away from repeated launches. Its sailors sometimes have seconds to confirm a launch by the Houthis, confer with other ships and open fire on an incoming missile barrage that can move near or beyond the speed of sound.

“It is every single day, every single watch, and some of our ships have been out here for seven-plus months doing that," said Capt. David Wroe, the commodore overseeing the guided missile destroyers.

The combat the U.S. Navy is seeing in the Red Sea now is very similar to the Kamikaze attacks around Okinawa during WW2 and our weapons prove they work every day. It's not the unknown it was two years ago.

All somebody has to is hit that button that says "Lunch" and it's all over now, baby blue, for the Russian warships and their super tugboat in case they breakdown. LOL