Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should our response be if Russia invades Ukraine?

In the American Civil War, wealthy Northerners were allowed to pay others to serve in their place in the Union Army. It was legal back then.

It's not quite that simple.

"Russia training and supplying arms to Mexico to bomb the US" is very different from the "US invades Mexico for no reason, and then Russia provides arms and training to hep Mexico defend itself."
We make Russia invading Ukraine that simple, so let's make it that simple for the question.

War is never simple, invading a country is never simple... why did we invade Iraq and over throw Saddam? Why did we invade Afg?
So lets say Russia started supplying Mexico with missiles, or better yet the Mexican Cartel...

Last edited:
The Russians invaded both countries. When the cost became too high for the rewards they left Afghanistan. When the cost for trying to subdue Ukraine becomes too high they will leave Ukraine.
It's weird that Ukraine provided aid to Saddam Hussain and now we provide record aid to Ukraine.
So you are saying this is going to be a 20 year war and 3 million Ukrainians will die, so this is just a waste of money and life!

It's weird that Ukraine provided aid to Saddam Hussain and now we provide record aid to Ukraine.
So you are saying this is going to be a 20 year war and 3 million Ukrainians will die, so this is just a waste of money and life!
Yeah and Great Britian and Canada were bitter enemies at one time as was Germany, Japan and Italy.

We were allied with China and Russia. We aided Afghanistan in their war against Russia. Alliances change all of the time. What exactly is your point?

We make Russia invading Ukraine that simple, so let's make it that simple for the question.

War is never simple, invading a country is never simple... why did we invade Iraq and over throw Saddam? Why did we invade Afg?
So lets say Russia started supplying Mexico with missiles, or better yet the Mexican Cartel...
Iraq - Good question. We were told WMDs but that was a lie.
Afg? 9-11 and the Taliban. Thought we should have gotten out about 10 years earlier then we did.

Yeah and Great Britian and Canada were bitter enemies at one time as was Germany, Japan and Italy.

We were allied with China and Russia. We aided Afghanistan in their war against Russia. Alliances change all of the time. What exactly is your point?
Read your post, that is my point... Alliances change all the time but it is all of a sudden inconceivable that we would even sit at the table with Russia to stop the killing despite the public talks by Putin and we were allies with Russia and China when Ukraine was helping our enemy...

Read your post, that is my point... Alliances change all the time but it is all of a sudden inconceivable that we would even sit at the table with Russia to stop the killing despite the public talks by Putin and we were allies with Russia and China when Ukraine was helping our enemy...
Putin can stop this war in the next 10 minutes if he wants to.

Putin can stop this war in the next 10 minutes if he wants to.
OK, the same can be said for Zelensky and his allies...
Putin is just gaining allies and strength, this war went nothing like the "experts" said... so you can change allies like underwear but don't negotiate with them if it doesn't fit your narrative... Amazing how some leaders are branded as great peacekeepers for negotiating with the enemy and others branded traitors, politics...

OK, the same can be said for Zelensky and his allies...
Putin is just gaining allies and strength, this war went nothing like the "experts" said... so you can change allies like underwear but don't negotiate with them if it doesn't fit your narrative... Amazing how some leaders are branded as great peacekeepers for negotiating with the enemy and others branded traitors, politics...

And how does Zelensky end this any time he wants? By surrendering?

I'm also not sure how Putin is "gaining strength" by taking 500,000 casualties and losing thousands and thousands of pieces of equipment.

NK was always going to side with Russia, you don't gain something you already had.

And how does Zelensky end this any time he wants? By surrendering?

I'm also not sure how Putin is "gaining strength" by taking 500,000 casualties and losing thousands and thousands of pieces of equipment.

NK was always going to side with Russia, you don't gain something you already had.
Call it what you want, he is not going to win as folks on here and the "experts" said, it's futile!
He has not had 500,000 casualties, he has reportedly lost 300,000 soldiers to death, injury, AWOL, sickness... as reported by the Russian enemy.
You think Russia is weaker now than they were when the war started? You think the world's opinion and popular opinion in Russia is moving the needle toward Putin or away from him? You think the Russian economy is getting worse and countries are abandoning Russia, Putin?
NK has not always and was not always going to side with Russia. Alliances change all the time someone told me...

Now imagine TX leaves the union and Russia publicly gives them weapons to assist, act of war?

Call it what you want, he is not going to win as folks on here and the "experts" said, it's futile!
He has not had 500,000 casualties, he has reportedly lost 300,000 soldiers to death, injury, AWOL, sickness... as reported by the Russian enemy.
You think Russia is weaker now than they were when the war started? You think the world's opinion and popular opinion in Russia is moving the needle toward Putin or away from him? You think the Russian economy is getting worse and countries are abandoning Russia, Putin?
NK has not always and was not always going to side with Russia. Alliances change all the time someone told me...

Not trying to pick at you, but I am just curious, were you an aid worker in Iraq/Afghanistan?

Not trying to pick at you, but I am just curious, were you an aid worker in Iraq/Afghanistan?
No, I set up COB's, FOB's and contingency construction projects for DOD, NAVFAC EURAFCENT and USACE from Iraq to Kuwait to Bahrain to Abu Dabhi to Saudi during Desert Storm. And in Afgahnistan I was a Site Manager, Operations Manager and QC Manager transitioning and auditing COB's/FOB's in Southern Afghanistan mainly Wolverine, TK, Howz-e-madad, Lagman and the surrounding COB's.