Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should our response be if Russia invades Ukraine?

Of what importance is Ukraine that we should mortgage our own country. How about let them fight their own war and if Putin decides to keep moving and attacks a NATO Ally we then come to their defense. Ukraine was nothing buy a cesspool of corruption. I can only imagine they have some much dirt our many leaders in our country that we feel the need to fight this war. I would rather we quit throwing money into an empty cause. This war has lasted much longer than anyone thought it would and there is no measurable progress for Ukraine other than draining our funds and raising our national debt to the point where we will become vulnerable at some point. We seem to want this conflict to continue. I am not sure what the reason is, but we are definitely not trying to diffuse or help create some kind of treaty. We just keep throwing more heated rhetoric at it.
Keeping this war contained in Ukraine, and preventing Russia from expanding it to neighboring NATO countries, will be a hell of a lot cheaper (and many lives saved), than just letting Putin overrun Ukraine, and then having NATO in a direct ground war with Russia.

Well apparently Germany has put a price tag on the war in Ukraine, they have announced that they are cutting planned contributions to Ukraine for 2025 in half from their 2024 contributions ($8b to $4b).

Keeping this war contained in Ukraine, and preventing Russia from expanding it to neighboring NATO countries, will be a hell of a lot cheaper (and many lives saved), than just letting Putin overrun Ukraine, and then having NATO in a direct ground war with Russia.
I have not seen any evidence that makes me believe he intends to invade a NATO country ot that they have the capability. In fact I haven't seen anything that makes me believe he wants to completely take over Ukraine because I think he already would have... I believe they could have destroyed and leveled Ukraine if that was what he wanted to do, he could have sent fighter Jets to mount a offensive and moved in if he wanted too, you know it, Zelenskyy knows it and the rest of the world knows it but we just watch the money laundering as if Ukraine could win, in fact many said, to include our President that Ukraine would win with our support last year, some said swiftly and with dominance as they ate up the propaganda 🙄

That makes the assumption that he will try to attack NATO countries. If he does that is an act of war against us and our allies. So we are throwing away tons of $$ and further pushing up our national debt, which is a national security threat to us, on a what if for a country that is not an ally and has been known as corrupt? Count me out I just don't get it.

I have not seen any evidence that makes me believe he intends to invade a NATO country ot that they have the capability. In fact I haven't seen anything that makes me believe he wants to completely take over Ukraine because I think he already would have... I believe they could have destroyed and leveled Ukraine if that was what he wanted to do, he could have sent fighter Jets to mount a offensive and moved in if he wanted too, you know it, Zelenskyy knows it and the rest of the world knows it but we just watch the money laundering as if Ukraine could win, in fact many said, to include our President that Ukraine would win with our support last year, some said swiftly and with dominance as they ate up the propaganda 🙄
So, Putin's incurring 1000+ casualties a day for fun?

That makes the assumption that he will try to attack NATO countries. If he does that is an act of war against us and our allies. So we are throwing away tons of $$ and further pushing up our national debt, which is a national security threat to us, on a what if for a country that is not an ally and has been known as corrupt? Count me out I just don't get it.
It’s no secret that Putin’s dream is to rebuild Russia to the borders of the USSR. Which includes some NATO countries.

How much money did we spend in Iraq when we were told Saddam had WMDs that were never found?

What are you smoking?
So you think this monster you portray couldn't just bombard Ukraine and all it's citizens with no remorse for civilian life and have that country if he went on an all out offensive... Riddle me this, how long did it take him to take the parts of Ukraine he has now?
For one he could level it with a nuke, there is that but without that...your the one smoking the peace pipe with one eye shut!

It’s no secret that Putin’s dream is to rebuild Russia to the borders of the USSR. Which includes some NATO countries.

How much money did we spend in Iraq when we were told Saddam had WMDs that were never found?
So Putin has just stayed in power for this long to only now start what YOU say is his dream, why not do this when NATO forces are spread out fighting other wars and conflicts? Was he waiting on Obama and Biden?
Putin has said,"Those who don't feel sad about the collapse of the USSR have no heart, and those who want to ressurrect it have no brain"

So you think this monster you portray couldn't just bombard Ukraine and all it's citizens with no remorse for civilian life and have that country if he went on an all out offensive... Riddle me this, how long did it take him to take the parts of Ukraine he has now?
For one he could level it with a nuke, there is that but without that...your the one smoking the peace pipe with one eye shut!
He's tried to do that and has been repulsed with huge casualties. His planes and helicopters are shot out of the sky. Half a dozen Naval ships lay on the bottom of the ocean and Ukraine doesn't even have a Navy.

Are you even aware of the casualties and equipment losses Russia has suffered? That doesn't sound like a military that's not trying.

He's tried to do that and has been repulsed with huge casualties. His planes and helicopters are shot out of the sky. Half a dozen Naval ships lay on the bottom of the ocean and Ukraine doesn't even have a Navy.

Are you even aware of the casualties and equipment losses Russia has suffered? That doesn't sound like a military that's not trying.
OK, I guess we tried to beat the Taliban and Veitnam... did you read the part about no remorse for civilian casualties? He has what he wants and is defending it, he simply goes on the offensive as a defense imo, he takes out cover of those mounting offenses at him.
According to Ukraine they sank 11 and they do have a Navy... not sure I should debate this with you if you think Ukraine that once had Nukes does not have a Navy

OK, I guess we tried to beat the Taliban and Veitnam... did you read the part about no remorse for civilian casualties? He has what he wants and is defending it, he simply goes on the offensive as a defense imo, he takes out cover of those mounting offenses at him.
According to Ukraine they sank 11 and they do have a Navy... not sure I should debate this with you if you think Ukraine that once had Nukes does not have a Navy
Yes, and tell us what happened to their nukes?

He could not just taken “that country if he went on an all out offensive”. Because he tried that in the first few weeks of the war and got spanked when he tried to take Kiev.

Some would say it be more prudent to let the UAF attack Russia and use the weapons we have given to their fullest potential. That's why we have them in the first place anyway.

Some would also say that Israel is fighting the Gaza war with our weapons as they are because it doesn't want to be victimized by Hamas/Tehran the same way Ukraine has been victimized by Moscow.

This Navy?

He could not just taken “that country if he went on an all out offensive”. Because he tried that in the first few weeks of the war and got spanked when he tried to take Kiev.
Ok, yeah your right, no propaganda as Russia advanced and took over what they wanted in a few weeks but couldn't take Kyiv... I mean Ukraine is and has never been corrupt or lied to the world to get what they want and the world leaders whom helped disarm Ukraine of its Nukes with Clinton, Biden and Obama have never lied to the people 🤔

Ok, yeah your right, no propaganda as Russia advanced and took over what they wanted in a few weeks but couldn't take Kyiv... I mean Ukraine is and has never been corrupt or lied to the world to get what they want and the world leaders whom helped disarm Ukraine of its Nukes with Clinton, Biden and Obama have never lied to the people 🤔
OK, yeah you're right. Russia advanced to within miles of Kiev, and then just decided to turn around because Putin never wanted to take over Ukraine in the first place.
1721401204451.png

OK, yeah you're right. Russia advanced to within miles of Kiev, and then just decided to turn around because Putin never wanted to take over Ukraine in the first place.
View attachment 4235
You could be right and if Kyiv doesn't put up as much a defense they try to occupy it or he wants Ukraine to spread its forces out in order to make defending what was easy to occupy easier with less civilian casualties getting these folks on his side as most were Russian speaking and already engaged in a pseudo civil war based on his reports... the truth lies in the middle imo
So all this started when the Ukrainian Leadership was taken out in 2014 for not wanting to join the EU and taking a deal with Russia after accusations of election fraud and voter interference in 2010, you know the guy Biden was doing business with that is now in Russia 🙄... Russia took Crimea just months later and Obama said they were not a threat 🙄, he for some reason just took Crimea and stopped after his Russia, Russia. Russia president gets voted into office... but I'll stop since this is not a political thread and this war will be over fast with our support

You could be right and if Kyiv doesn't put up as much a defense they try to occupy it or he wants Ukraine to spread its forces out in order to make defending what was easy to occupy easier with less civilian casualties getting these folks on his side as most were Russian speaking and already engaged in a pseudo civil war based on his reports... the truth lies in the middle imo
So all this started when the Ukrainian Leadership was taken out in 2014 for not wanting to join the EU and taking a deal with Russia after accusations of election fraud and voter interference in 2010, you know the guy Biden was doing business with that is now in Russia 🙄... Russia took Crimea just months later and Obama said they were not a threat 🙄, he for some reason just took Crimea and stopped after his Russia, Russia. Russia president gets voted into office... but I'll stop since this is not a political thread and this war will be over fast with our support
They got spanked when they tried to advance on Kiev. You can spin it all you want. Doesn't change the fact.