Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should our response be if Russia invades Ukraine?

The German navy preparing to flex its muscles in the Taiwan Strait.

Germany views the passage as a routine operation. They reportedly will not notify China of the transit, which reflects Berlin’s position that the passage is part of regular naval movements. Germany is not alone in navigating the strait, as other nations like the United States, Canada, and Australia frequently send ships through the waters.

You would have to go back to before WW2 to here the phrase "Berlin's position" in any major news report.

Germany can either spend money supporting a half-cocked "forever war" or it can spend money to strengthen Germany so it can flex it's own muscles around the world.

An alternative no one has really thought about until the recent German election results of a victorious conservative party.

The New York Times reported, citing European officials, that the United States looks set to approve the use by Ukraine of long range missiles against targets in Russia on the condition that the weapons were not those provided by the United States.

Putin could launch on the UK if Ukraine starts using those long-range Storm Shadow missiles against targets inside Russia.

Not really a good sign. Would the hair-splitting reason Russia launches against the UK really matter when the bodies pile up after a certain point?

Putin could launch on the UK if Ukraine starts using those long-range Storm Shadow missiles against targets inside Russia.

Not really a good sign. Would the hair-splitting reason Russia launches against the UK really matter when the bodies pile up after a certain point?

Russia would be stooopid to attack UK. But Putin was stooopid enough to think invading Ukraine would be a cakewalk too.

Having said that, I think they are bluffing. Though big time consequences if they are not. Glad I'm not the one making these decisions.

Russia would be stooopid to attack UK.
It would spark NATO. Article 5 has been invoked only once in NATO history, after the September 11 attacks on the United States in 2001.

I guess we could bomb them out of Ukraine? That would make it hard for them to justify going nuc.

Russia would be stooopid to attack UK. But Putin was stooopid enough to think invading Ukraine would be a cakewalk too.

Having said that, I think they are bluffing. Though big time consequences if they are not. Glad I'm not the one making these decisions.
It does seem inconceivable that Putin would want to invoke a war with NATO when he can't even subdue Ukraine.

The fact we are even talking about long range missiles and nukes instead of peace negotiations is insane, do you sit around the table and talk about hitting someone in the mouth before hitting them in the mouth... this entire war has played out like this, insanity!!
Saying Russia couldn't subdue Ukraine is like saying NATO couldn't subdue the Taliban or Isreal can't subdue Hamas...